Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    One of my regular pubs now has a sign behind the bar saying that from now on, all mixers will be diet to fall into line with sugar tax pricing.

No way could I ever envisage buying a JD & Diet Coke from a pub! Even with the heavy booze I can still taste the aspartame.

I realise I got a real artificial sweetener problem. I taste it so bad, I can tell it a mile off. Just sad it's probably gonna be in everything from hereon in.
    I spotted aspartame in the ingredients list of child’s toothpaste the other day while I was in the supermarket. I picked it up to have a look at the ingredients compared to normal adult branded stuff, exactly the same ingredients in the same percentages apart from aspartame was added to the child’s variety one.

F*****g shocking.

Comment

The tin foil part of me thinks that there is something up with this huge fake sugar push thats going on at the moment and whatever the motive is behind it it certainly isn't for the herds good:

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
        The tin foil part of me thinks that there is something up with this huge fake sugar push thats going on at the moment and whatever the motive is behind it it certainly isn't for the herds good:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/robbi..._b_805581.html
        It’s not tin foil hat at all. A lot of people were paid a lot of money to allow aspartame in our foods and drinks.

Stay clear of it. It’s poison.

Edit. Reading down the article more.

MONSANTO. That’s the only word you need as to why a neurotoxin is legally allowed in food and drinks.
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 25-04-2018, 13:48.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          It’s not tin foil hat at all. A lot of people were paid a lot of money to allow aspartame in our foods and drinks.

Stay clear of it. It’s poison.

Edit. Reading down the article more.

MONSANTO. That’s the only word you need as to why a neurotoxin is legally allowed in food and drinks.
          aspartame has been deemed safe for human consumption by over 100 regulatory bodys worldwide, including the uk Food Standards Agency, and European Food Safety Authority. It's also one of the most tested ingredients we put in out food as its come under massively scrutiny. So its either that their is some massive global conspiracy or its just you know a sugar substitute and people are mistrusting of chemicals over natural things so rumors easily spread despite the evidence to the contrary.

One study i read which dose make sense is that it gives you the same cravings as sugar dose, even though its not sugar it tells your brain you need more sweet things, so your more likely to eat sweet things if you have drinks with this stuff in it. It's not really gonna help you loose weight if you start craving a choco bar five minutes after drinking a coke zero or something now is it.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            I'm the same, but if you switch to diet drinks for a while you don't notice it.
            Yeah but that's like being told to go and study art and only be allowed access to Jack Vettriano paintings

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
              I’ll never forgive what the sugar tax has done to Irn-Bru, Barr themselves can get ****ed if they think I’m buying the new version.
              Yep. Pennies will be lost, pops will DIE, brands will fade.

Reminds me of the smoking ban of 2007, of how many good pubs died. I lived up Churwell Hill at the time, it was like a long uphill stretch with loadsa pubs dotted all the way up. Only about two left now.

Enjoy your Coke Zero and Aspartame Oasis drinks. That is all we will have in the end

Best stockpile the sugar sachets, soldiers...

Comment

-Review-

Coke Zero: Peach

Tastes better than the Diet Mango variant but once again it's a funny flavour for them to go for and applying it to a non-full fat version of Coke makes it taste a little 'off'. Much mileage will come from how much you can stomach Peach flavouring. Not a fan but I expected worse.
                3/5 Milkshakes

Bordersdown Creation: Raspberry Crusha Cola Mixer
                Had one last dose of Crusha left and rolled the dice to mix it with some Cola and see if it worked. To be honest it was better than I feared but worse than I'd hoped. Overall passable, better than the Peach drink above, but not one I'm likely to repeat.
                3/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  Bordersdown Creation: Raspberry Crusha Cola Mixer
                  Had one last dose of Crusha left and rolled the dice to mix it with some Cola and see if it worked. To be honest it was better than I feared but worse than I'd hoped. Overall passable, better than the Peach drink above, but not one I'm likely to repeat.
                  3/5 Milkshakes
                  "It's like a party in my mouth but everyone is being sick!"

Comment

Got given a tub of "Pimlico monstrous fizzy pencils". God, there's loads of em so ended up having sixteen, four of each, red, green, purple, yellow.

I like fizz but these are basically 'junk sweets' to me, a lot of fattening, sickly, untangy stuff that isn't particularly enjoyable to munch, it ends up like a grainy, foamy pulp after a few chews, almost like it had a teensy bit of cereal or fruit pith in the formula (me no likey).

Nah, not for me. Sherbet crystals are nice but there's not much and the sweaty nature of the 'pencils' seems to have moistened some sherbet, deleting its appealing crystalline quality.

Nah, just junk to make fat kids fatter. I wanted a full-on sherbet crystal experience, just looking at these things makes me feel fat n greasy in the future.

Comment

It's summer which means ice cream season!

-Review-

Iceland Bubblegum Lollies
                      They're like milk lollies in a way but with the mixed colours and the flavouring added. They're pretty small but you get six to a box and they're quite tasty.
                      3/5 Milkshakes

Iceland Bubblegum Ice Cream
                      Blue in hue with purple sprinkles that are also popping candy, this is like an explosion of E numbers contained within a small tub. It's about the same size as a tub of Carte Dor but weighs in at £1.50. It's very easy to eat though, creamy enough whilst remaining refreshing and tastes nice too. Very moreish.
                      4/5 Milkshakes

Iceland Cherry Coke Lollies
                      A central column of cherry ice pop with a spiral of darker coke flavoured surrounding gives this its name. It's easy to eat out the freezer but seems to be heavy on colouring and low on flavour. Tastes sweet but little about it is of the flavour its supposed to be.
                      2/5 Milkshakes

Asda Rasberry Ripple Ice Cream
                      £1.50 for a 2ltr tub? Not bad but the sugar tax has claimed another victim. The taste has been bled out of this tub from its previous incarnation and it's no longer that great a cheaper alternative to stay cool.
                      2/5 Milkshakes

Hagen Daz Salted Caramel Ice Cream
                      It's expensive but periodically you can pick up a tub for £2.50 which is more palatable. Salted Caramel ice cream with swirls and salted caramel pieces similar to Dime pieces mixed in. It's one of the GOAT supermarket ice creams, crack in iced form. j'adore.
                      5/5 Milkshakes

Comment

The problem is, showing you like a couple of bubblegum-flavoured offerings means I can't trust your palate.

Comment

Bubblegum can be nice, go on, please the child inside you!
                          Oh, wait... hang on...

Comment

A cheap rocket lolly can't be beat in this weather.

Comment

Ohhhh maaaaaan the 79p 500ml cans of Monster Khaos at Heron Foods.

Toss-up betwixt Khaos and Pipeline Punch for me, bloody love teh Monster I do, wanna know how many weird flavours are out there (high calorie versions only, obviously).

Noticed Morrisons were doing the still bottles for a quid last week, seemed to still have a decent whack of shug, might treat myself this weekend.

Also, I tried the ice tea one once (Jack Fultons cheapie) and it waa kinda rank.

Comment

Juiced as well. Can't forget the Juiced.

Always awesome and only £1.15 in the Morrisons chiller right now. The juiciness makes one forget about the energy power contained within and it's smoother than Barry White pappin' out a lubed sh!te.

Comment

Working...
                                X