No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reason I'm missing my four front teeth, tbh. Maxons abuse. Best boiled sweets ever. They're not even paying me, I just love their sweets and never see them anywhere but they're amazing

Comment

Not only that...thinking if I eventually lost ALL of my teeth...

...then I could still suck on a Maxons...and whittle down its exquisite, tangy flavours with nary a tooth in the maw.

Comment

Anyhoo, £1 in Morrisons for the Yorkshire Mixture.

You get enough boiled sweet in that bag to pop in a sock and club someone to death with.

Comment

Jamaican Limes, btw.

At some point, I think they were called "West Indian Limes", iirc?

DISCLAIMER: Sweets cause diabetes, diabetes is a killer, winners don't use drugs

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Critic View Post
            Anyone seen an orange Twirl out in the wild yet? I haven’t but really want to try one.
            What sorcery do you speak of ?

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Critic View Post
              Anyone seen an orange Twirl out in the wild yet? I haven’t but really want to try one.
              I’m hunting them too. Nowhere near my home or workplace had them at present.

Comment

Same up here in Glasgow, I’ve had a look in a fair few supermarkets near my home and work but no luck either.

Comment

Green Monster, Mango Loco Monster, Pipeline Punch Monster currently £1.10 straight from the chiller down my local offy.

Pipeline Punch is the nuts and I like the other two, also. Relentless are ALWAYS a quid.

Funny, that. The Monster bit is nearly always empty, yet they're more expensive. The Relentless bit?...

...it's always full. Says it all.

Comment

Carte D'or: Les Sensations - Parfait au Chocolat
                    Two small tubs of power topped chocolate ice cream on top of a layer of chocolate sauce, itself on top of a vanilla ice cream. Simple and small (80g per tub) you get two tubs per pack. These things retail for between £3.50 and £4 so I can immediately say they aren't worth it and yet our fridge is stocked with them. Why? Because they are actually damned tasty, the ice cream is rich and smooth and they're just the right size for a night time TV treat. Mostly though it's because of a new discovery I've made - The Asda Secret Fridge. Our Asda has a fridge discreetly away from the fridge section and on its bottom shelf they seem to rotate items. They seem to be things they want to clear stock of but they aren't marked as such and have 6-12 months still before the Best Before date. These are nestled in there at the moment with no price tag, then you scan them and the glorious truth is revealed - 50p per pack! Cashback!
                    4/5 Milkshakes

Comment

The outgoing Chief Medic has called for a ban on eating and drinking on public transport to tackle obesity.
                      (I know people do do it but broadly eating and drinking has always been prohibited on public transport near me?)

She also called for an increase in the Sugar Tax, also to introduce effectively a Salt/Fat Tax and plain packaging for unhealthy food.

They also say that portion sizes have increased since the 90's. Is that real?! I honestly can't remember the last time I picked up something like Crisps etc and there wasn't significantly less in there. Most packets are 80% air, chocolate bars etc are massively smaller etc.

They also call out companies for wriggling around the Sugar Tax either by reformulating their drinks or failing to meet targets. Sugar levels fell by 2% in 2017 and 2.9% in 2018. The target is 20% by 2020. Not sure why that's a surprise, companies used the Sugar Tax as a method to profit as was obvious would happen and they know that if Johnson stays in power he wants to scrap it altogether.

Comment

She also called for a ban on eating and drinking on public transport with exceptions for drinking fresh water and eating and drinking for medical conditions
                        Being massively hung over is a medical condition, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ys-chief-medic

The outgoing Chief Medic has called for a ban on eating and drinking on public transport to tackle obesity.
                          (I know people do do it but broadly eating and drinking has always been prohibited on public transport near me?)
                          Where do you live that you can't eat or drink on public transport?! They sell sandwiches and cups of tea on trains!

Comment

Greater Manchester area I think the long distance trains have sandwich carriages but the shorter distance ones (say sub 50-60 mile journeys), buses, trams etc I don't think have supported food 'officially' for donkeys years, presumably because of the clean ups needed.

Comment

Or people just do some exercise and then can eat whatever they want

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                I’m hunting them too. Nowhere near my home or workplace had them at present.
                                My local Aladins Cave has them bought two last night , If you like Terrys Chocolate Orange you are going to love these

Comment

Working...
                                X