No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional soft liquorice. So tasty. But don't eat too much or your poo will go runny and who wants that.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      Virgil's Root Beer is my fave.
      I've got a few bottles of that in. It's definitely the best root beer I've tried. Not cheap but handy to be able to pick it up in Tesco.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        It's definitely the best root beer I've tried.
        It's by far the best root beer I've ever had. McDonald's' used to sell root beer in the UK, but I guess it wasn't popular. It's a niche drink. I think all the best root beers are imported, which is why they cost so much. At least my local Tesco and Sainsbury's stock them, but they are sometimes sold out.

Comment

Is it just me or has Dandelion and Burdock completely disappeared from the face of the earth?!?
          Really fancied some Easter weekend and couldn't find ANY.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            Still hating the paper straws places are introducing though at some point presumably they'll change again as companies start lobbing down trees again because the volume of recyclable materials starts to dry up.

Seen FinalStraw which looks like a good option to pick up if it can eventually be bought for a more reasonable price.
            Yeah; I appreciate the impact the plastic ones had, but I would rather not have a straw at all than use those paper ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              Is it just me or has Dandelion and Burdock completely disappeared from the face of the earth?!?
              Really fancied some Easter weekend and couldn't find ANY.
              Heron Foods and Home Bargains sell 500ml Ben Shaw's bottles at 39p a pop, it has sucralose in now so it's not as nice as it used to be when it was full shug but it's still decent when it's cold. Prefer the shandy, tbh, that's 39p as well.

Comment

Since the Sugar Tax came in I haven't tasted a single decent tasting D&B, Shandy etc. They've all been butchered.

Comment

I know man, I know. Its Orwellian! And worst thing was it was Jamie Oliver who kicked it all off. I've eaten at two of his Italians and the food was shoit. Fatty, too. Greasy. Quite the opposite of what the berk preaches.

Bought a litre carton of still Rubicon lychee today. It still tastes amazingly sweet...if not *quite* there. I can still detect the steviol glycosides, they think I don't notice...

Comment

Had some peach Lipton ice tea yesterday and they've deffo ****ed that with the sugar tax. A big loss, actually, always liked a lemon Liptonice on a sunny day and now it will probably never taste as good again.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      Had some peach Lipton ice tea yesterday and they've deffo ****ed that with the sugar tax. A big loss, actually, always liked a lemon Liptonice on a sunny day and now it will probably never taste as good again.
                      Lipton Iced Tea is far superior abroad than it is over here.

Always has been and always will be.

Pretty much the ultimate holiday drink.

Comment

Coca-Cola is set to bring its ill-fated and short-lived New Coke recipe back to the market for a brief time, over thirty years after its launch which remains one of marketing’s most famous failures. The product’s return, in the form of a half million cans, is part of a partnership with Netflix and the cult-favourite […]

To tie in with the new season of Stranger Things, Coca Cola will be rereleasing its infamous aborted love child New Coke on to the US market

Comment

I would love to taste that, actually. I wondered why they had never done it considering all the random flavours you get now.

I highly doubt it will be the original recipe though.

Comment

Coke Zero Energy
                            I can't really think of the right words to describe this. It's basically Cola Red Bull and there are hints of both in it for sure but it's also neither at the same time. It's a tangy taste that I'm not sure I'd describe as nice but at the same time it's slightly compelling to keep drinking it. A very odd concoction.
                            3/5 Milkshakes

Comment

A 4 pack for £1, from Poundland funnily enough.

THE best cream soda there is. The fact that it’s ridiculously cheap makes it more satisfying.

Comment

Each of the Barr cheap flavours are amongst the best out there, even their Bubblegum flavour

Comment

Working...
                                X