No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another item added to my loot pile from my KitKat side quest.

Comment

KitKat supposedly made some social media posts recently saying that they were bringing matcha KitKats over here. I know as I got tagged by lots of folks who know I've a soft spot for them. Yet to find any in the wild though!

Comment

Kit Kat Ruby/Green Tea
        Both are fine, the colours are interesting but I'd be lying if I said I could taste that much difference between these two and the originals.
        3/5 Milkshakes

Cadbury's Choco Shake
        A new powdered milkshake, pretty much like Nesquick but not as effective. It's surprising how poorly this has been implemented by Cadbury's, it mostly dissolves but there's barely any taste.
        1/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Experts are now recommending a 20% tax be added onto sweets, biscuits and cakes. It has little chance of happening any time soon though as Johnson is against the existing sugar tax as it is.

Comment

'Experts'??? Is Jamie Oliver amongst these wretched, sickly, pious twats?

Tbh, I'd batter them with big sticks then slowly pizza-ise the gits with a steam roller and feed their flattened guts to the curs.

Comment

Coca-Cola Signature Mixer 01: Smokey
              Controversial as I've had it without using it as a mixer but... I quite liked it. Nice little glass bottle with old school style, non-diet which is always a plus and you can tell there's actually a side-taste hint to it. Not strong but I probably would use the word smokey to describe it. I've got 02, 03 and 04 waiting in the wings to try too.
              4/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Coca-Cola Signature Mixer 02: Spicy
                So, the second version proved to be surprisingly subtle. There's little different to the taste than compared to normal coke. The biggest difference is the slight aftertaste it leaves that hints at the spiced nature of the drink, something I assume gets drowned out when actually mixed with another drink.
                2/5 Milkshakes

Coca-Cola Signature Mixer 03: Herbal
                This is the one that I suspected would be the least likeable and it's kind of true. Once again the changes to the formula are more subtle than I expected but the slight herbal tang gives it a slight mouthwash taste. It's not repulsive but it is the weakest of the four.
                2/5 Milkshakes

Coca-Cola Signature Mixer 04: Woody
                I held out some hope for this one, figuring it would be more like the Smokey one. It's the one of the four, it turns out, that lacks any real notable difference from normal coke making Smokey the king of the mixers.
                3/5 Milkshakes

Fanta Limited Edition: Dark Orange
                This has been released ahead of Halloween and is pretty much what it states - standard orange but mixed with Vegetable Carbon to make it pitch black in colour. I haven't had Fanta in a while so I'm not sure how far apart from the standard one it is. At first taste it seems a match but as you continue drinking it feels more and more like an off brand one, though the original may be the same thanks to the anti-sugar movement that's ruined many a drink. Broadly successful though given it's genuinely dark.
                3/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Had a can of Lidl's 330ml 29p cloudy lemonade on the train back from Morecambe. Yeah, it's got a bit of sweetener in but it's smooooth and it's decent and the lemon hit is good.

For 29p, not bad at all.

Comment

Recently found out that the Almond Magnum ice creams taste miles better than the regular chocolate ones

Comment

I've been trying the Lidl Magnum ripoffs.

Tbh, the ice cream inside is waaaaaaaay similar, just melts a tad quicker.

I've tried 4 white chocs and 4 brown.

To be non-racist, the white wins by at least two acres.

The brown choc is thin, tastes a tad synthetic. Ruins the Illusion, despite the topadinotcha Magnum ripoff ice cream contained within.

The white? It's grrrrrreat. The choc is a micromillimetre thicker and the neutral flavour combo *totally* works, the predominant synthetic taste of the brown ripoff bummed it badly, plus the pathetically thin choc...

Pah.

(farts loudly and disgustingly and may have shat in me jeanz)

White choc Lidl Magnum ripoff FTW!!!

Comment

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] hates white chocolate but I don't mind it, will have to try them at some point for ourselves [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION]!

Comment

Sounds pretty bloody awesome to me

Comment

Anyone seen an orange Twirl out in the wild yet? I haven’t but really want to try one.

Comment

Anyone down south get Maxons Yorkshire Mixture in their local Morrisons?

I'm not talking about the horribly bland 'Dobson's' ones (DON'T buy!!!), I mean the ones that come in a really sh*t-looking powder blue bag. The Maxons Yorkshire Mixture bag is terrible

Anyway, these are THE best boiled sweets, tangy as fack and the mainstay sweets have not changed in flavour or sugar content *at all* since I was a kid. Been getting these for over 30yrs!

These are tangy all the way through, amazing, not crap like Toxic Waste where all the tang turns into bland after the first few sucks. These guys know how to use their malic acid.

I'm not gonna link to their website but they do those sweetshop jars at £23.50 for 3.5kgs. And looking on their site, I realise I've only tastes about 7% of their brilliant, tangy boiled sweets

Try them, they are brilliant and taste like 100yr old proper beautiful sugary tangy sweets.

Maxons

(PS If any Maxons reps spot this post, send us one one of them 3.5kg jars of your Jamaican Limes or Acid Drops me old pal

Comment

Working...
                              X