No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a Penguin for the first time in about 28 years. So chocolaty and biscuity! 5/5

Comment

Well, sadly, most of the 68 packs of Aachener Printen I ordered back in early September have found other homes, many inside my gut. Without fail, everyone I gave some to has loved them, with several cheeky peeps asking if there were any more.

Given my remaining personal stash likely won't see out the week, let alone month, let alone Christmas, I've done the decent thing and bought another 60 packs of various goodness. Only an 8.4 kg parcel (last time was 8.8kg).

Included a few Honig-Printen this time (as well as the Nuss, Mandel, and regular dark choc of course).

(https://www.ebay.de/itm/Kinkartz-6x-...cAAOSwvipdLdnO)

Comment

Chuppa Chupp Strawberry and Cream Soda
        Meh, passable but not really that great

C&C Vanilla Cream Soda
        Better of the two but broadly not a world away from the likes of a softer Dr Pepper etc

Comment

Great find this eve. Bobbed into Sainsburys on the way back from work to grab some bourbon, Xbox credit and a can of pink Monster.

Spotted some 'Tropical Sun' root beer for 50p, I love root beer but it's rare and I've never seen this brand before (plus root beer isn't abundantly available in town unless it's that half-diet stuff in the blue n' red can...which is cool...but has sweetener).

Anyhow, this is full shug and it's lush. Total barg at 50p and cold as ice, to boot!

Also, spotted some Skittles cookies for 99p in Home Bargains. Will try at some point.

Comment

Xbox Schmxbox, only one delivery of note this week.

24 regular (the best!), 12 almond, 12 hazelnut, 12 honey.

Comment

Mmmmm. Not normally massive on choc but stuff like that makes me want it. Reminds me of those coconut bars with choc on I used to munch in the late 70s/early 80s.

And they weren't Bounty, by the way. I think they came in brown packaging and the coconut had a heavenly, hard fondant thang goin on.

They were gorgeous, they were like one longish bar. Anyone remember them? Seem to remember them having that 'coconut woodchip' exterior to the choc.

They were lovely, melt in the mouth. Wish I could eat one again!!!

Comment

Yeah. I barely eat any choc / sweet stuff, but these just do it for me.

I do remember a "'coconut woodchip' exterior" choc of some sort. The name though, nope. Google keeps bringing up Cabana bars but I don't recall that as the one.

Or maybe (I'm thinking of) some coconut ice variant.

Comment

You're right, deffo not Cabana, this had no other ingredients, just coconutty coconut ice and a choc outer covering (with a woodchip effect).

I will find its name, it's driving me nuts and I'm not even wazzed at all!!!

Comment

Jammie Dodgers: Gooie Apple Edition
                    The biscuit dominates a lot of the taste but to be honest these aren't that bad. Still prefer the OG's but these are fine

Comment

Always had a soft spot for the weird cheesy tang of Hersheys, despite the unwholesome buffet of Es and GM ingredients that it contains, so I bought a bar today in my local supermarket for the first time in years. When I got it home I noticed the wrapper now said 'Milk Chocolate Flavour'. Can't remember seeing this before. So, milk chocolate flavour...what? ​What actually is it now, beneath the flavour of chocolate that it ostensibly provides?

Edit: Had a few lines of it and feel proper nauseous and regretful. Job done. Same classic Hersheys taste, whatever the hell it actually is I just ate.
                      Last edited by Golgo; 20-02-2021, 16:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        Always had a soft spot for the weird cheesy tang of Hersheys, despite the unwholesome buffet of Es and GM ingredients that it contains, so I bought a bar today in my local supermarket for the first time in years. When I got it home I noticed the wrapper now said 'Milk Chocolate Flavour'. Can't remember seeing this before. So, milk chocolate flavour...what? ​What actually is it now, beneath the flavour of chocolate that it ostensibly provides?

Edit: Had a few lines of it and feel proper nauseous and regretful. Job done. Same classic Hersheys taste, whatever the hell it actually is I just ate.
                        They use butyric acid as the preservative, which is a chemical found in pineapples and while completely natural, is f*****g disgusting and smells like baby vomit.

Hersheys is awful garbage and you should be ashamed of yourself

Comment

Hershey's always redeem themselves with the cookies and cream bar and their chocolate and strawberry syrups

Comment

I always thought it was just me who smelt vomit when opening a Hershey! It is insane that it is common and they haven't changed their process in response.

Comment

Savory but counts as a snack I suppose?

Marmite Homouse/ Hummus

Does exactly what it says on the tin/ pack. It's not nice enough to beat regular hummus but it certainly has potential to accompany some meal, I'm thinking in a burger or a jacket potato. I quite like marmite but only how I like it, with toast and maybe cheese. Prefer the mini marmite rice cakes snacks to this but this hummus is more appealing that the larger rice cakes on their own.

Perfectly edible but not found how it should be eaten and unsure if it should even be allowed to exist. 3/5

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                They use butyric acid as the preservative, which is a chemical found in pineapples and while completely natural, is f*****g disgusting and smells like baby vomit.

Hersheys is awful garbage and you should be ashamed of yourself
                                Is that what it is? It's mingin, alright.

Anyway, I do feel proper ashamed. I had already put the last line in the bin. Couldn't face it.

Comment

Working...
                                X