No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cans of Purdey's Edge currently 39p at Home Bargains.

I've loved the Elixir Vitae for decades and I wasn't expecting this to taste as nice but it's pretty much the same, ie. lush.

Nice little bargain, I'll be getting some more.

Comment

Bugger , I don't own a tracksuit and a push chair to get into Home Bargains

Comment

I once saw bottles of Rioja that normally sells for £15 a bottle in Home Bargains going for £5!
        I don't think they knew what they had.

Comment

^you're on the right track, you're doing what you are meant to do

Comment

Florentines

Just so yummy. All of them. Always. Don't think I've ever eaten one I didn't like (although I've never had any with really adventurous ingredients).

Was given a small box yesterday as a thank you. Milk choc with pecan and salted caramel, dark choc and ginger, white choc and cranberrry, standard stuff. Box says it has 12 portions (1 flo per), no no, 1 portion of 12 haha!

Comment

US fried chicken chain Popeyes is to launch in London with a plan for around 350 UK sites.

Comment

B&M Bargains getting some easter stuff for the kids and in the chocolate section today was a new addition:
                Dime: Caramel Latte Edition

not tried it yet but as I was picking it up I noticed the tip of a box inset on the row below between two other products, couldn't see a label so had a fumble to see what was inside... a small handful of bars... Twirl Orange friggin' finally!

Comment

Yeah, okay, that's pretty damned good.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    https://london.eater.com/22346106/po...aurant-opening employee monitoring
                    US fried chicken chain Popeyes is to launch in London with a plan for around 350 UK sites.
                    OMG !!! ARE YOU SERIOUSLY?
                    why i had not heared about it before ?? it's super cool !!!

Comment

Hmmm. Popeyes, you say...

Speaking of meats, I just want to put a recommendation in for the big packs of Lidl smoked back bacon, it's incredible.

Been having bacon sarnies all week, it's such a nice, thin bit of bacon, just bang four or five rashers in there and mmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

I made some fudge using this recipe. Best fudge I've ever had. If you prefer fudge grainy like I do then beat it longer. Like a willy. Or Michael Jackson.

All posts are better with a song. Indeed when I'm made King, I'll make it a law that people can only converse in song or rhyme.

Comment

Anyone else been munching KFC flavoured Walkers Max?

They're pretty good. They don't actually taste anything much like KFC, more like Roast Chicken flavour with some extra pepper and paprika, but they're quite enjoyable.

EDIT: Re: Popeye's, I had that in the US. I went there to get the fabled Chicken Sandwich but they were all sold out, so I had to settle for the ordinary chicken, and some deep fried prawns which they also do.

Speaking as a resident of South London, probably the region of the UK most saturated with fried chicken outlets, and someone who has eaten an ungodly amount of it from your lowly chicken shop stuff to high end fancy dan hipster chicken, I found it entirely unexceptional. It's pretty much as standard as fried chicken and fries can possibly be. It's fine. Nothing you can't get in a million other places though.

The prawns were also disappointing. They're absolutely tiny so each one is 99% thick batter. However I am yet to try the Chicken Sandwich so I await the opportunity to do so.
                          Last edited by wakka; 01-04-2021, 13:38.

Comment

I tried those crisps t'other day. They're nice cos they're Max but the KFC was quite elusive. Considering the song and dance they've made about them, I'm quite surprised at how nonplussed I am by them.

But they're not bad. I'm still recommending the Beefy Potato Sticks from Morrisons. Think of ODing on the grilled steak flavour-powder from McCoy's crisps, it's like a 4X version. Meaty.

Comment

Just been to the offy to get a Monster Pacific Punch and noticed that Rubicon are now doing a competitor, 'Rubicon Raw Energy', 500ml can, same amount of caffeine, currently on offer for a quid (though the cans have £1.29 printed on them).

Sadly, the only flavour they had left was the raspberry & blueberry flavour (not my fave combo) but it's pretty decent, a bit synthetic-tasting with the added sweeteners, similar to Rockstar but minus the nasty aftertaste, this is much smoother and goes down easier.

I'll really need to give the other flaves a try before I can give an accurate appraisal but even though I don't really like these berry flavours, I'll still give this about 7.2/10.

Just bring on the tropical flavours, that's where it's at, for me, if only I'd gone to the offy earlier!

Comment

Baklava. A middle eastern dessert made from layered pastry, nuts and honey. It's quite expensive (the traditional stuff is anyway) but oh so sweet and tasty.

Last edited by Zen Monkey; 02-04-2021, 11:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X