Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rio Light Tropical
    I've had the non-light version a couple of times before which is quite pleasant and fruity if you like that sort of thing (3.5/5 milkshakes for original). This however just lacks niceness. Not unpleasant but something about it does not spark joy, like Diet Dr Pepper vs Dr Pepper; I'd rather just not drink it.

Super dieting atm but for the month before I super got into Picnic bars, straight from the fridge, a solid 4/5 milkshakes

Comment

Just tried one of Lidl's sour rocket lollies. Hmmmm. I quite enjoyed it but thought it was a bit too odd and rich for an ice lolly. I love my sour sweets but the extra fizz and synthetic tang seemed a bit too much for a lolly and I could only see myself having one every so often.

Don't get me wrong, they're quite nice, just a bit freaky-deaky when I maybe just want a cold, fruity lolly. Maybe doesn't help that the main bulk and base of the lolly is sour apple. And sour apple is not on my fave flaves list. Why couldn't it have been lime, I love me some lime??!!

Comment

I bought a case of Karma Cola off Amazon, 24 cans for £19.

Not cheap - but I love this stuff. It's basically posh organic Coke in little 250ml cans. I always end up downing the whole thing practically immediately after opening it. Really flavoursome and tasty. Proper sugar in it, too.

In other cola-related thoughts, I wish Coke Life was still around. I actually really liked that stuff.

Comment

Oh.

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.

And oooooooh.

Them 40g packets of Iron Brew (sic) Millions at 39p a pop, each, from B&M.

I've really started liking Millions in recent months, especially the cola ones. But this 'iron brew' one is def my bloody fave!

Absolutely LOVELY, total barg at 39p!!!!!

Comment

Not overly familiar with Milions but I used to love Iron Bru chews when I was a kid. Came in big orange strips like refreshers and highland toffee free with my Beano.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              Not overly familiar with Milions but I used to love Iron Bru chews when I was a kid. Came in big orange strips like refreshers and highland toffee free with my Beano.
              They were awesome!

Sadly I think they were discontinued, probably due to the deleterious effect they had on your teeth if eaten on a regular basis.

I'm def gonna keep my eyes peeled for cola and Iron Bru Millions. I've only had the pink ones before. They've got a bit of an insipid flavour, not something I'd usually buy, but cola flavoured stuff is my favourite.

Damn, now I want some cola flavour sweets

Comment

I had four packs of the iron brew ones back to back, earlier. The more I eat them, the more I like them.

Such a nice, strong, tangy flavour once you've accumulated a large gobbet of gummy goodness around the molars. The taste of the melt is so nice and sweet and iron brew-y as it slides down the neckhole.

Proper lush tangy, deffo these n cola are my faves but I've only tried like five flavours. Will have to look into how many there are. I'd like some lime ones, if poss, I bet they'd be gorge! Or like that lime Tic-Tac flavour. Nom.

Comment

I've just spent half an hour researching cola flavoured sweets online. I'm strongly considering ordering a massive thing of kola cubes.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    I've just spent half an hour researching cola flavoured sweets online. I'm strongly considering ordering a massive thing of kola cubes.
                    Kola cubes are just fantastic! Remind me of when my grandad used to take me to the cinema.

Comment

Got my first Five Guys burger in about 8/9 months tonight.

I was a bit disappointed. The meat had the same density and texture but there was an intense lack of flavour, it was like a cheap burger from Aldi, robust but no myriad of beefy flavour.

Yeah, it all tasted the same throughout, the meat was entirely beige in flavour and a 9.2/10er immediately just became a 6.8/10er.

Lack of chuck??? I'm not a beef connoisseur but the one tonight tasted like it comprised entirely of the same cut. A pity. Was looking SO forward I was salivating like a perverted tramp!!!

Comment

(don't forget these bastards are £8.90 a pop each!)

Comment

That's disappointing. Do you have a Shake Shack near you? Those are pretty decent as an alternative. Similar vibe - expensive fast food, basically, but the burgers are good. You don't get 8 million chips in the bag though, just a normal quantity.

Comment

Not yet but it's likely we'll get one in Leeds at some point (and I'll deffo try it if it does). Noticed a place called 'Franksters' opened a bit before the lockdown, they're a burgery place, too, but not tried them yet. Am gonna.

Comment

I've been loving 'Sour Cream & Chive Lentil Waves' by Burts Snacks. They're so crunchy and delicious. I don't think I'll go back to potato crisps.

Comment

Really liking Seabrooks crisps atm. I’m a massive convert to them. Good flavours and a nice ridge cut, not as thick as a McCoy but more to it than a waffer thin Walkers.

Comment

Working...
                                X