No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sweeteners mark em down for me. But I'll deffo say they have proper strong, poppy flavours to the max (them two sodas mentioned are far too sickly for me, even with the sweetener, the flavours are proper 80s pungency). They're always dead cheap, as well. I buy the odd one every now n then, they're like 39p in the chiller at my local offy.

I'd buy more if it went full shug. I'd pay 59p for a cold can o' THAT.

Had a Relentless Origin on my break earlier. Tasted even more slightly disgusting than before (reduced shug?) As I was having a bad day at work, it also gave me anxiety. Felt pukey after it as well. Relentless is lousy, god knows why I still buy odd cans of it. Usually cos it's always on offer for a quid...and it funnily happened to be on offer for a quid and the Monster was like 50p more. So I bought it cos it was a quid Anyway, I've noticed I've been getting back on the energy drinks. Not good for my stresses, need to nip it in the bud.

Comment

Pepsi Max Raspberry
      You naturally have the immediate impact that it's not the full sugar version and it's also not a drink I'd want to have regularly but this is still probably one of the more successful diet variants I've tried. The raspberry taste comes through pretty strong and is fairly pleasant.
      4/5 Milkshakes

Monster Espresso
      They've launch a coffee range that is sold under the basis that it's pretty strong, containing 3 espresso shots. It's fairly similar in taste to the Doubleshots you've been able to try via Starbucks for years, there's a Vanilla variant I'll be trying too.
      3/5 Milkshakes
      #

Nescafe Azeera Nitro Espresso
      It's main selling point is that the can is pressured using nitrogen which is suppose to make it smoother. It is pretty smooth but it's actually one of the worst I've had because the taste is close to entirely removed from the drink.
      1/5 Milkshakes

Nescafe Azeera Nitro Latte
      Being the more milky variant of the two available, this has a bit more taste to it so is automatically the better of the two. However, it's still surprisingly weaker than the Monsters first stab at coffee making which is unforgivable.
      1/5 Milkshakes

Comment

I'm not really sure how this even qualifies as news except for it reportedly being related to half of products sold which frankly impressed me as being much better than I expected.

"Dr Kather Hashem, a nutritionist and campaign lead at Action on Sugar, said: “It’s shocking that companies are exploiting the health of our children by using cartoon characters on their high-sugar food and drink products, particularly on chocolates and sweets, which are already hard to resist for children."

Comment

Gonna be honest and say that I'm enjoying that US Fanta is now a regular thing in shops over here.

Unhealthy as f**k, don't get me wrong (thanks HFCS!), but the Peach, Pineapple and Wild Cherry flavours are delicious.

Comment

Top tier colas:

Pepsi Wild Cherry (USA)
            Coca Cola (Mexico)

Fentimans Curiosity Cola (UK) has been relegated since the sugar tax. Their cherry cola is still nice enough.

Also partial to a Virgil's Cream Soda (USA) now and then.
            Last edited by Super Monkey Balls; 12-06-2019, 12:03.

Comment

I won't lie, it's the first Boris thing I've liked in ages
              Well, if it factors in that retailers have had to skew market availability since the tax as well heavily in favour of diet editions.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mproves-health

I won't lie, it's the first Boris thing I've liked in ages
                Well, if it factors in that retailers have had to skew market availability since the tax as well heavily in favour of diet editions.
                How thoughtful and magnanimous of Boris...

Boris Johnson's links to soft drinks and tobacco lobbyists revealed after he announces review of 'sin taxes'

"However, following the announcement, The Times revealed links between Johnson’s campaign and the soft drinks industry.

One of Johnson’s advisers and former spokesman, Will Walden, is employed by the lobbyists Edelman, which has worked for Coca-Cola.

Johnson’s campaign also questioned the effectiveness of taxes on smoking.

They insisted that he remained committed to reducing smoking, but said that the government’s policies on tax should be based on evidence.

One of Johnson’s senior advisers is Mark Fullbrook, who co-founded CTF Partners with Johnson’s former campaign chief Lynton Crosby. CTF has previously done work for the American tobacco company Philip Morris."

Comment

"Based on evidence"

What, that sugar makes you fat?!

Comment

Fanta Grape. Always awesome.
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Theresa May wastes an opportunity as usual. Her very last act as Prime Minister was to announce a tax... on Milkshakes. Boris has already pledged to kill that plan rendering it a pointless exercise.

Comment

No. 10 wanted the Milkshake tax as part of her legacy, says No. 10.

The state of this country right now, and they see this as some type parting noble act!?

It’s like we’re living in an alternative dimension.

Comment

Latest haul from my local Poundland.

The cans were 3 for a £, so I thought I’d get a mix of flavours.

Not sure when I’m going to try the Ice Brew with a hint of coconut yet. I think I’ll need to psych myself up for that, lol.

I’ve had the Ruby KitKat before and I’m a fan. Not many shops sell this certain variety for some reason.

Comment

I wanted a drink to quench my thirst in the recent heat and the only option was Sugar Free Fanta Grape.

It has that sweetie taste, that tastes nothing like grapes, but what American sweet manufacturers think grapes taste like, but surprisingly lacked that sickly, tacky aftertaste that defeats the object of a refreshing drink, so I actually quite enjoyed it!

Comment

Any Mirinda fans? Mirinda Orange is a go-to for me. Especially if I'm in a chicken shop.

Comment

Never heard of it!

I was reading this week and the character had a "Rubicon moment".

I'd always assumed Rubicon was a Jamaican drink, but it turns out it's a river in Italy which marked the boundary between the Roman province of Cisalpine Gaul to the north-east and Italy proper (controlled directly by Rome and its allies) to the south.

Julius Caesar's crossing the Rubicon river was an event in January 49 BC that precipitated the Roman Civil War, which ultimately led to Caesar becoming dictator and the rise of the imperial era of Rome.

Today, the phrase "crossing the Rubicon" is a metaphor that means to pass a point of no return.

Rubicon, the drink, was made by two ex-Coca Cola employees and their "Rubicon moment" was leaving their safe jobs to start brewing their own drinks in the kitchen of one of the founders!

#everydaysaschoolday

Comment

Working...
                                X