No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens when you start to throttle soft drink makers? They buy out other avenues. Coca Cola has just swallowed Costa Coffee

Comment

I never buy pop. I do drink it as a mixer (I like rum n coke) but can't bear it neat. Too sweet. Too chemically.

Comment

Curious one this time:

Doritos Combinations: Honey Glazed Ribs & Lemon Blast
        I am the king of fussy eaters and always hate things others like, this is a rare exception where I didn't mind this but everyone else who tried it despised it. The Lemon doritos have a strong taste that's initially a little salt and vinegar like but then the lemon comes through, an odd choice but it was alright even if it was the one that specifically disgusted others. The Honey glaze ones are more conventional but do actually taste as they're described. Now, as both flavours are mixed in one bag you're also supposed to combine the chips and they worked fine together too. Still, I have to factor in how unpopular they were with others so a middle ground score for this one.
        3/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Post-pub, walked it home and halfway back got a can of Monster Pipeline Punch from a petrol station.

Pipeline Punch is awesome like bigg knockaz and bigg buttz.

Comment

Coke Zero Cinnamon Limited Edition
            I think this is off shelves now but was available over Christmas. The taste is pretty subtle to be honest and may have had a chance of working but as is usually the case the naff diet element of the drink butchers the flavouring and makes it taste like cheap supermarket brand knock off stuff.
            2/5 Milkshakes

Coke Zero Raspberry
            Another new flavour, I've tried Raspberry Coca Cola before thanks to the awesome machines in Burger King where you can customise your drink. It works well there and here you get a sense of the same taste but again the diet aspect spoils it. Literally no idea why Coca Cola find it so hard to make non-diet variants available.
            3/5 Milkshakes

Bordersdown Creation: Vimta Cola
            Simple and likely tried by many, take your full fat Cola and mix it with full fat Vimto. You have to get the balance right though as it's very easy to make this like a sugar explosion in your mouth but once you've nailed that balance. Nectar of the Gods!
            5/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              Bordersdown Creation: Vimta Cola
              Simple and likely tried by many, take your full fat Cola and mix it with full fat Vimto. You have to get the balance right though as it's very easy to make this like a sugar explosion in your mouth but once you've nailed that balance. Nectar of the Gods!
              5/5 Milkshakes

Comment

I've stopped buying home beer this year and instead enjoy a posh soda of an eve. Fave recently is Virgil's Black Cherry Cream Soda

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    I've stopped buying home beer this year and instead enjoy a posh soda of an eve. Fave recently is Virgil's Black Cherry Cream Soda
                    I have a big thing for cream soda, and Virgil's is a great shout. My local Sainsburys stocks it, but at a rather eye-wincing £2 a bottle...

Comment

Virgil's Black Cherry Cream Soda
                      This sounds like a maneouvre that will put several couples in A&E on this Valentine's evening

Comment

From next month Cadbury's Heroes are adding Crunchie and Double Deckers

Comment

Chile rice crackers. Mmmm.

Comment

Do they have Jack Fulton's down south? It's like this frozen food shop that gets in loads of cheap stuff not far from its sell by date, you can go in with a quid and get a cool drink and munchies and still have change.

£1.29 for 6 cans of root beer. Jack Fulton's. Frozen value...except they weren't frozen (they were warm).

Comment

Still hating the paper straws places are introducing though at some point presumably they'll change again as companies start lobbing down trees again because the volume of recyclable materials starts to dry up.

Seen FinalStraw which looks like a good option to pick up if it can eventually be bought for a more reasonable price.

Comment

I. Fave recently is Virgil's Black Cherry Cream Soda
                                Virgil's Root Beer is my fave. It has a tonic effect and energises me. I used to drink 'Boylan's' Root Beer, but Virgil's is even tastier. It's not cheap though, but better than low grade Root Beer that's just flavouring. You want all the natural ingredients that make it taste so delicious.

A drink that I've recently gone crazy for is 'Relentless Apple & Kiwi' which tastes like Appletiser but in a nice big can for £1.

When it comes to crisps -- I'm loving 'Jacob's Cracker Crisps'. Very moreish.

Comment

Working...
                                X