Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVE baklava!!!
    It's often served with 3 pieces when I got deliveroo from a place I used to like

Eat 1st - Mmm! Soooo good! Gotta have another! Bit stingy to give you only 3 though!
    Eat 2nd - Hmm, still good but oh so rich! Can't leave that last one behind even though I'm starting to feel it
    Eat 3rd - I should have stopped at the 1st piece.

Comment

I have not tried one. I fear the sicklyometer would be off the scale, for me. But I have seen them being made on MASTERCHEF and they look amazing when one is in the spirit of a sweet, cakey tooth.

Anyhoo. What I have to say is much more boring but it's more a flavour report to help folks potentially save cash money.

Yeah...tried the Orange/Mango variant of that Rubicon Raw 500ml energy drink and I really wasn't impressed...in fact I'm gonna mark the can from yesterday down while I'm here.

Just tastes like really cheap, synthetic sugary pop, no subtle, nuanced Rubicon flaves you might get a tinge of from a standard 330ml can of normal.

It was quite horrid but I drank it. But it WAS a quid....

Last resort on a sunny afternoon. If they're out of even Relentlesses or Rockstars, then that's the only time I'll get this again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
        I LOVE baklava!!!
        It's often served with 3 pieces when I got deliveroo from a place I used to like

Eat 1st - Mmm! Soooo good! Gotta have another! Bit stingy to give you only 3 though!
        Eat 2nd - Hmm, still good but oh so rich! Can't leave that last one behind even though I'm starting to feel it
        Eat 3rd - I should have stopped at the 1st piece.
        Haha, yeah, they're little bombs of concentrated sweetness. One a day is enough.

Comment

Starbucks Bubblegum Frapaccino
          Available now, if you can find a branch with it in stock, but weirdly only for another three days. It's blue, tastes of bubblegum, has cream on and pink popping candy sprinkles. It's pretty damned nice too as are all things that seem to be available for the shortest time and then never made available again.

#RIPMCD'SSOMBREROSHAKE

Comment

Have tried the new Monster 'Monarch', the one in the bright orange can with the butterfly on.

A bit too peachy and meh. I'm not feelin' it much, it's OK but not amazing. Similar zone to the Mango Loco, something not quite connecting the dots to make it fully great.

Pipeline Punch is STILL the Don Corleone.

Comment

Comment

Have I mentioned Mini chedders - Branston Pickle flavour yet? Been in my life for about a year now.
                Virtually no where sells them apart from the crappy corner shop near work. Things shouldn't be allowed to taste that good!

5/5

Seabrook LEA & PERRINS WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE Crisps. Tried a few with the girls from work today. I've quite liked Walker's worcestershire sauce ones in the past but this was pretty rank. It just tasted too strong and so very wrong, we chucked the bag away

2/5

Comment

Irn Bru 1901
                  A limited edition variant that comes in an old school 750ml glass bottle with old style labelling. It's basically Irn Bru classic based on the original recipe. The change to low sugar has slightly altered the flavour but to be honest you'd be hard pressed to notice the difference. It's a credit to the company that they have maintained the flavour but I'd also be curious to try 80's/90's era Irn Bru to see if they were higher sugar than the original.

Comment

Lion: Coconut Edition
                    A slight spin on the recent white chocolate Lion bar, the coconut seems subtle at first but soon takes over much of the bar. It's okay but they were sold in a multipack so are obscenely tiny and obviously no coconut themed chocolate can ever come close to dethroning the master - Bounty.

Comment

Twinkie: Cotton Candy Limited Edition
                      Pink on the inside, to be honest it doesn't really taste of cotton candy. It's definitely sweeter than the standard version though which I think makes this the better version as it means there's more taste.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        Giant Skittles, where have you been my whole life?
                        Like Icarus, I have flown too close to the sun. Had a bag of regular skittles the other day and they are now inconsequential and meaningless to me.

Comment

Yorkie: Limited Orange Edition
                          I expected more to be honest, it was okay enough but the taste of orange is pretty subtle and could have done with being stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Yorkie: Limited Orange Edition
                            I expected more to be honest, it was okay enough but the taste of orange is pretty subtle and could have done with being stronger.
                            That's a shame. The concept of an orange yorkie sounds great.

Comment

Lucozade Zero: Pink Lemonade
                              Whilst I'd normally side step low/zero sugar stuff I'll take it if it's cold right now and this is surprisingly decent. It's got some tangy kick to it too, I wouldn't get it all the time but it's been a pleasant change.

Comment

Wendy's is to expand its second attempt at entering the UK market. Following the Reading store opening in June last year they plan five more restaurants and to open a number of 'dark kitchens' that operate as home delivery only.

Comment

Working...
                                X