Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Special note - Long time since I've had any Starbursts (Opal Fruits dammit!) and they've changed the Orange one to taste more like a real orange. So much worse for it
    This is a lamentable decision. Aren't they already man down with a flavour, did they lose the yellow one?

I think so. Summat put me off them. I like the citrus flavours, the greens and yellows, primarily.

Another nail in the coffin of Opal Fruits. They used to be burrrilllliant back in the days of Gonch Gardner.

And now you've got this trend of de-sugarising sweets. It is a sad, sad world.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      I bought a Twin Peaks bar from Poundland because I like Twin Peaks. I should have known better. Poor man's Toblerone. Very disappointing experience.
      They're really pushing these with the flavour combinations, though, aren't they? There's about eight different colours these days! I'll never try one as I only like choc in small doses (and deffo not cheap choc flav) but I'm kinda surprised by how these seem to have taken off.

I'm assuming the choc is pish? I do like the turquoisey green used on the pack, mind.

Comment

I bought a Twin Peaks bar from Poundland because I like Twin Peaks.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          I'm assuming the choc is pish?
          That's putting it kindly. Yes, it's like chocolate flavoured fat.

Comment

I bought a Twin Peaks bar from Poundland because I like Twin Peaks. I should have known better. Poor man's Toblerone. Very disappointing experience.
            Haters gonna hate.

Comment

Comment

True story:
                When Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me came out, my school mate went with his mum to the video shop to hire it.

They asked the assistant where it was and dutifully marched my mate and his mom past the latest releases, past the older ones, all the way down into the dark bottom of the shop to the adult section and retrieved "Twin Peaks" from the top shelf...

My friend was mortified and desperately tried to explain to his mother that's not what he wanted.

Comment

OK two things from me.

McCoys Muchos

These are pretty good. I tried the Nacho Cheese flavour, it could do with a little more tang but it’s generally pretty solid. It’s essentially like eating two mini Doritos glued together. I was hoping it would be more like Doritos 3Ds (RIP) but it isn’t. Pretty nice though and not a bad alternative to Doritos. No idea why they’re McCoys branded.

Tony’s Chocolonely

This stuff is actually really nice. Solid, good quality chocolate with a high cocoa content. I’ve tried both milk and dark and they’re both very nice indeed. The crazy paving style layout of the chunks is fun too. Recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    True story:
                    When Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me came out, my school mate went with his mum to the video shop to hire it.

They asked the assistant where it was and dutifully marched my mate and his mom past the latest releases, past the older ones, all the way down into the dark bottom of the shop to the adult section and retrieved "Twin Peaks" from the top shelf...

My friend was mortified and desperately tried to explain to his mother that's not what he wanted.
                    The one on the top shelf was probably less offensive / disturbing.

We had a small second hand video shop in an old arcade in Boro ... and it had a dodgy door bead curtain at the back which led to 'other titles'.

Comment

Diet Coca Cola: Festive Clementine Edition
                      Even if this wasn't Diet, rank.
                      1/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        True story: When Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me came out, my school mate went with his mum to the video shop to hire it. They asked the assistant where it was and dutifully marched my mate and his mom past the latest releases, past the older ones, all the way down into the dark bottom of the shop to the adult section and retrieved "Twin Peaks" from the top shelf... My friend was mortified and desperately tried to explain to his mother that's not what he wanted.
                        Ok, two boys I knew my age, Boy A and Boy B. They were both growing into nasty idiots but A was the main troublemaker and B was his loyal lackey. A's older brother had a huge film collection, and A borrowed B a copy of American Ninja. B put it on to watch with his whole family present, Dad and mum and younger siblings. We were all about 12 then. As soon as the film ends, before the credits get going, a perverted sex scene comes on (he'd probably taped over something). Boy B jumped for the video player and ejected the tape but his whole family were dazed, this is well before the net and popup ads and all that. I wasn't there, lucky me. I have far worse stories of these people but best leave it at that.

Comment

I never had that happen but I do remember when I was about 16/17 and had a 'naughty forties' mag stashed underneath my pillow, inside the pillowcase.

Anyway, went to my mate's house one Saturday afty, get back and my mam had changed the bedding...except left the naughty 40s mag exactly where it was. Heart absolutely sank, so embarrassing!!!

NEVER got mentioned. Not EVER!!!

Comment

Not wanting to brag or virtue signal, but I have been Pepsi Max free for 5 weeks, as of today. That's 3.5 litres per week, of the black goo that is replaced by water sloshing around me innards and I feel way better for it.
                            Still feel the pull (steady! ), most mornings, like any addict, I suppose.

Comment

Jacob’s Crinklys

These have been knocking around for years as a semi obscure B or C tier snack. I’ve recently gotten into buying the multipacks in Iceland and I actually think they’re really nice. The salt and vinegar and cheese and onion flavours are strong (literally and figuratively), with only the dodgy ‘BBQ Beef’ bringing up the rear. I like how they’re thinner and crispier than a Mini Cheddar.

Royster’s Bubble Chips

Been around for donkey’s years. I decided to give them a critical re-evaluation via a £1 multipack. Terrible. Too thin, poor texture, bad flavour - far too much salt (and I like salt!). Two thumbs down. No idea why they’ve had such longevity.

Comment

A bit off topic but must mention!

My sister-in-law hosted a cocktail party and made a party snack I have never heard of but is a thing in South Africa; glacé cherries wrapped in bacon, chucked in the oven. Dear god they were perfection! 5/5

Comment

Working...
                                X