User Tag List

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Drive Mini

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDanX View Post
    The AT games involvement is troubling to say the least, but the hardware shown casing that the craptastic ATGames hardware is likey being repackaged in looks very different.
    Corrected.

I hope they're intending adding all the writing as we'd expect on the system, looks horrendous without it.

I hope Sega will build their own hardware and use their original roms, but it will likely be another AtG emulation box.

I wish SEGA paid attention to the overwhelmingly negative reaction that AtGames' tweet has provoked.

I really fail to see the point, when MD emu is so good and there are so many MD collections and if you were going to make a Mini. Its a shame SEGA didn't go the extra mile and style it as a Mega Drive, Mega CD Marl 1 and Super32X combo unit with a colelction of their various games (the emu for all 3 is now more than good enough) . It would have made it far more special imo.

All it is now is a rather poor copy of the SNES mini

Would you really want to ruin the looks by having that skanky mushroom on top TA? I do agree it would look lovely MD/MCD Though.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Would you really want to ruin the looks by having that skanky mushroom on top TA? I do agree it would look lovely MD/MCD Though.
    TBh, I would have styled in the form of the Multi-Mega unit or at very least gone for the Mega Drive and Mega CD Mark 1 combo set up. It is like NEC bringing out a PC-Eng mini without the CD unit, Its a wasted opportunity by SEGA.

Like I said, I would have liked to see SEGA got the extra mile and to have included Mega CD and 32X emu. Rather than a pretty lame Snes mini copy. Not that one really needs a MD mini, given the emu is so good these days

If Sega are serious about this they should be on to Analogue and Kevtris for a joint effort.

Quote Originally Posted by CMcK View Post
    If Sega are serious about this they should be on to Analogue and Kevtris for a joint effort.
    Why bother? Its quite a simple process really as MD emulation isn't complex at all and they've already made these excellent mini case moulds:

So all they'd have to do is whack an ARM setup and Linux emulator with a decent skin on there and we're good to go. I do wonder if the reason they aren't actually doing this is because they've licensed the console to AT Games and the controller remakes to Retro-Bit and thus can't create their own release anyway as they evidently have all of the required bits and pieces, just not in one bit of kit.

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3th Racing PSN ID: Mr_Karate
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    TBh, I would have styled in the form of the Multi-Mega unit.
    Wow, what a totally lame idea. That would have sold even less units than the actual Multi-Mega did.
    Kept you waiting, huh?