No announcement yet.

Mega Drive Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you really want to ruin the looks by having that skanky mushroom on top TA? I do agree it would look lovely MD/MCD Though.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Would you really want to ruin the looks by having that skanky mushroom on top TA? I do agree it would look lovely MD/MCD Though.
      TBh, I would have styled in the form of the Multi-Mega unit or at very least gone for the Mega Drive and Mega CD Mark 1 combo set up. It is like NEC bringing out a PC-Eng mini without the CD unit, Its a wasted opportunity by SEGA.

Like I said, I would have liked to see SEGA got the extra mile and to have included Mega CD and 32X emu. Rather than a pretty lame Snes mini copy. Not that one really needs a MD mini, given the emu is so good these days

Comment

If Sega are serious about this they should be on to Analogue and Kevtris for a joint effort.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          If Sega are serious about this they should be on to Analogue and Kevtris for a joint effort.
          Why bother? Its quite a simple process really as MD emulation isn't complex at all and they've already made these excellent mini case moulds:

So all they'd have to do is whack an ARM setup and Linux emulator with a decent skin on there and we're good to go. I do wonder if the reason they aren't actually doing this is because they've licensed the console to AT Games and the controller remakes to Retro-Bit and thus can't create their own release anyway as they evidently have all of the required bits and pieces, just not in one bit of kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            TBh, I would have styled in the form of the Multi-Mega unit.
            Wow, what a totally lame idea. That would have sold even less units than the actual Multi-Mega did.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'd never seen that Genesis USB hub before - looks really nicely done, which judging by the current eBay prices for it is what people are really willing to pay for. That's basically the appeal with the Nintendo mini variants, in terms of aesthetic quality they're just a step above anything ATgames have ever put out.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                Wow, what a totally lame idea. That would have sold even less units than the actual Multi-Mega did.
                I think its still one of the best looking consoles ever made. I really can't see a Mega Drive mini doing that well or why it its needed. Mega Drive emu is already good enough and unlike Nintendo, there's been loads of various MD collections on systems like the 360 and PS3 and soon to be a new collection for the One and PS4.

So I would go that extra mile and make its a Mega CD system too if not the Multi-Mega, then at least the Mark 1 MD and Mega CD with those lovely red and green acess and power lights.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  I think its still one of the best looking consoles ever made. I really can't see a Mega Drive mini doing that well or why it its needed.
                  The RG-M1 is indeed one of the best looking consoles ever, I coveted one for a long time, but absolutely no-one has any nostalgic memories of owning such a beast. The high sales of these Mini Classics is very much based on fond memories of times past, and the coolness factor of having a miniature version of a childhood favourite.

And therefore the original Megadrive is the way to go... although if it did have the Mega CD permanently welded to it and a selection of CD games on there, that would be quite awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                    The RG-M1 is indeed one of the best looking consoles ever, I coveted one for a long time, but absolutely no-one has any nostalgic memories of owning such a beast. The high sales of these Mini Classics is very much based on fond memories of times past, and the coolness factor of having a miniature version of a childhood favourite.
                    The RG-M1 is the Wondermega isn't it? Not the Multi-Mega?

Comment

Whoops, yes it is. Point still stands though.

Comment

Nice! If it's of similar quality than the Nintendo cash grabs, I'll give this a go! Not a Sega fanboy but you know, when growing older, you have to appreciate it all. Nintendo and Sega would not be what they are today without each other!

Comment

Just read this, supposedly a quote from ATGames on Facebook (who’s page doesn’t seem to exist as far as I can find?)

In a reply to a comment on Facebook, AtGames had this to say about the wariness some might feel to them producing the Mega Drive Mini:
                          All the negativity is perfectly understandable. You’ll either see the improvement this year in the HD hardware or you won’t. Talking about it doesn’t do much at this point. There is a switch to a proven emulator and other features that have been requested for years making it into the 2018 HD models.

https://techraptor.net/content/sega-...i-genesis-miniare taking notice of past issues and will be working in improvements for the mini. In particular, they will be moving to a different emulator. The other features mentioned will be detailed later in the year. AtGames said in another comment on Facebook to keep an eye out for news a little before E3, which happens in the middle of June.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                            Nintendo and Sega would not be what they are today without each other!
                            Yeah, especially Sega.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                              Just read this, supposedly a quote from ATGames on Facebook (who’s page doesn’t seem to exist as far as I can find?)

In a reply to a comment on Facebook, AtGames had this to say about the wariness some might feel to them producing the Mega Drive Mini:
                              All the negativity is perfectly understandable. You’ll either see the improvement this year in the HD hardware or you won’t. Talking about it doesn’t do much at this point. There is a switch to a proven emulator and other features that have been requested for years making it into the 2018 HD models.

https://techraptor.net/content/sega-...i-genesis-miniare taking notice of past issues and will be working in improvements for the mini. In particular, they will be moving to a different emulator. The other features mentioned will be detailed later in the year. AtGames said in another comment on Facebook to keep an eye out for news a little before E3, which happens in the middle of June.
                              AT Games sound really c*nty there and I'm willing to bet this will just be another janky emulator system in along line of janky emulator systems from them. If you just look at the wording and what they said its evident they are a bunch of tosspots.

Comment

I was reading a thread on Atariage where someone who seems to work for, or has some connection to ATGames reiterated the above and also mentioned the crappy ‘extra games’ will not be included this time but would be available to download, which would suggest the possibility that Sega is planning a download service for the mini? More likely it’ll be someting you can download from ATG, so we can probably assume a sd cart slot which they’ve done before. How much of this (if any) applies to the Jpn mega drive mini or to the ‘next gen’ ATgames rom box I don’t know.

Comment

Working...
                                X