No announcement yet.

Mega Drive Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pathetically I’m almost tempted to buy a UK one to get the three button pads, I hate the six button ones with my Japanese one.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Pathetically I’m almost tempted to buy a UK one to get the three button pads, I hate the six button ones with my Japanese one.
      I prefer the 3-button pad and it's what I remember with my original MD. It's been wonderful holding it again. Also appear as '3B Controller' in Windows 10 so perfectly usable on that and probably Linux/RetroPie etc. too.

Comment

Crazy thing about it all? It was possible to buy the 3-button pad for the MD Mini standalone in Japan (I do believe that [MENTION=2732]J0e Musashi[/MENTION] did exactly that) but they don't appear to be getting made anymore as far as I can see. Weird.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 04-06-2020, 09:22.

Comment

Really? The mini I have was Daryl's. He could've told me!

Comment

So I’ve searched everywhere I can think of for a Japanese three button mini pad, nothing. All I could actually find is a pre order listing on Nin-Nin. Did they actually ever go ahead and make them? Has anyone seen one for sale anywhere?

Comment

So I’ve searched everywhere I can think of for a Japanese three button mini pad, nothing. All I could actually find is a pre order listing on Nin-Nin. Did they actually ever go ahead and make them? Has anyone seen one for sale anywhere?
              Here's the listing on Sega's online store. Seems it was a Sega Store exclusive:

メガドライブミニ スリーボタンコントロールパッド【専売商品】,セガストアの商品

I can't find any used ones for sale on Yahoo Auctions, Amazon JP or places like that.
              Last edited by randombs; 05-06-2020, 01:39.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post

I can't find any used ones for sale on Yahoo Auctions, Amazon JP or places like that.
                It wasn't a Sega store exclusive.

Nin-Nin were selling it, as I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post

Oh well, this is going to be like the old days with me obsessively hunting for one.

Comment

Oh well, this is going to be like the old days with me obsessively hunting for one.
                    It even had me poking around online at work... and I don’t even own an MD Mini

Being a limited-run Sega Store exclusive, it’ll probably be ridiculously expensive if you manage to find one!

Comment

From all the hunting I've done I'm not even convinced it was ever released.

Comment

I found an old auction for one which went for Y10,000:

Crikey!

Comment

But........BUT......... I NEED ONE! My immersion back to my youth is not satisfied with my current use of a six button pad! (Which I ****ing hate!)

That is expensive though.

Comment

Just out of interest what games on the MD Mini recognise or utilise the 6-button controller (apologies if this is already covered in the thread).

Eternal Champions and Street Fighter 2 CE; is there anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                              Just out of interest what games on the MD Mini recognise or utilise the 6-button controller (apologies if this is already covered in the thread).

Eternal Champions and Street Fighter 2 CE; is there anything else?
                              I think Hard Corps does.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                I think Hard Corps does.
                                Cool, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X