No announcement yet.

Mega Drive Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just buy a uk mini and use the 3 button pad and if the missing blue rubber on the start button bothers you just open the japanese pad up and swap out the rubbers in the uk one.

Comment

I’d already thought of that.

But then I have the hassle of selling the UK Mini on. And I looked at a tear down of a mini pad and a genuine Japanese MD pad, the start buttons looked different shaped so not sure if they could be swapped. You should fully get this, you get as obsessive about stuff as I do!

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]

That rabbit hole is getting closer and closer! Don't lean over too far or you'll defo fall in!!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          I’d already thought of that.

But then I have the hassle of selling the UK Mini on. And I looked at a tear down of a mini pad and a genuine Japanese MD pad, the start buttons looked different shaped so not sure if they could be swapped. You should fully get this, you get as obsessive about stuff as I do!
          just got mine to have a look yeah i didn't realise the start button is a lot smaller on the 6 button pad, thinking back didn't the original start button used to be rubber? i could have sworn it was a rubber button but on the minis both 3 & 6 buttons it's hard plastic.

There might be one way to do it though and thats just swap the start button from a proper megadrive pad as it should be the same size as the 3 button mini pad would still mean buying a uk mini to get the pad or seeing if someone wants to sell their second uk pad from their uk md mini. Don't have a real japanese md pad on hand to test out though.

Comment

Yeah, it was tear down videos of both the mini and a genuine three button pad I watched, the start button internally seemed a different shape.

Comment

Grabbed a three button pad on eBay, going to take it to bits when it arrives so if anyone here could take a genuine pad to bits to compare the start buttons you’d be a star. If it’s not a straight swap for a Japanese blue button then it’s mod time. Yes, I’m that OCD that I need that blue button!

Comment

Prime Day has started on Amazon. These are currently going for £50.

Comment

PC Engine one is £69.99 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                    Prime Day has started on Amazon. These are currently going for £50.
                    Can you hack them yet?

Comment

yeah you have been able to hack them for quite some time now

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                        Can you hack them yet?
                        Yes, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Yes, mate.
                          Goody
                          Now do I get this and the PCE Mini or just this lol

Neil

Comment

Hack as in add my own personal roms?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
                              Hack as in add my own personal roms?
                              Yep exactly that

Comment

Slightly off topic but official Nintendo UK Store has the SNES Mini back in stock. They're still silly prices on eBay, I'm tempted to buy one for my Son for Christmas but most of these games are on Nintendo Switch Online now.

The Mega Drive mini is such a great package. A lot of care and attention gone in to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X