Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega has confirmed M2 will be handling the ports for the games

Comment

It really does seem they want to try and get this right this time. If only Sega had not been lazy and farmed their licenses out to the lowest quality manufacturer they wouldn't be met with such apprehension on plug n play stuff now, the MD is a great console but it's now unfortunately tainted by the legacy of multiple garbage plug n plays hopefully this one will finally FIIIIINALLY put things right.

I'm hoping it spurs manufacturers to produce allsorts of fun merchandise in Japan to go along with it like it did with the fami & super fami minis, would be nice to see at least once the MD have chance to properly shine without the shadow of crap quality/emulation.

Comment

I'm sure you've all noticed but the PAL version is up on Amazon UK for pre-order now (as noted in the EG article above).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NVMYB7K

PAL or NTSC versions of the games is the big question now I guess?

Comment

Shoved a preorder in for uk one while i wait for the Japanese one to surface on amazon japan. Not too bad a price in line with the other plug n plays

Comment

Not sure whether I want one of these or the Mega SG. The SG is obviously better, but also costs at least three times as much. Hnnnnnggg.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              Shoved a preorder in for uk one while i wait for the Japanese one to surface on amazon japan. Not too bad a price in line with the other plug n plays
              Maybe put the Amazon Japan link up on here for other's benefit when it does, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                Maybe put the Amazon Japan link up on here for other's benefit when it does, yeah?
                Same
                I want one but definitely a Jpn one for those 6 button pads

Neil

Comment

So far i haven't found one for the japanese version but i'll post the amazon link if i find it. Anyone else finds it beforehand post here as well.

Comment

I just wanted to voice my approval, very pleased with what I’ve seen so far, I’ve pre ordered a U.K. version but I’m up for a Jpn unit when available too, or indeed even instead.

Comment

I've jumped in on a UK version too; just the selection of games will decide if I stick with it or not.

Comment

Japanese version up for pre-order on Play-Asia

Mega Drive MiniYou can save anywhere in the game up to 4 locations, then load many times and play it repeatedlyCan be operated like the original with sophisticated design of power switch, power light and reset button42 title recorded games with a wide variety of genre, from action, shooting, puzzles, RPG, and simulationSupported Languages: Japanese / English / French / Italian / German / Spanish / Traditional / KoreanSega's fifth home video game console was born in 1988. It has a popular series of Sonic, Shining series, Phantasy Star and Puyo. In commemoration of about 30 years from the released ...

Mega Drive Mini WYou can save anywhere in the game up to 4 locations, then load many times and play it repeatedlyCan be operated like the original with sophisticated design of power switch, power light and reset button42 title recorded games with a wide variety of genre, from action, shooting, puzzles, RPG, and simulationMega Drive Mini W is a design that contains two advantageous control pads. You can enjoy 2P battle and cooperation play immediatelySupported Languages: Japanese / English / French / Italian / German / Spanish / Traditional / KoreanSega's fifth home video game console was born in 1988. ...

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                          Japanese version up for pre-order on Play-Asia

Mega Drive MiniYou can save anywhere in the game up to 4 locations, then load many times and play it repeatedlyCan be operated like the original with sophisticated design of power switch, power light and reset button42 title recorded games with a wide variety of genre, from action, shooting, puzzles, RPG, and simulationSupported Languages: Japanese / English / French / Italian / German / Spanish / Traditional / KoreanSega's fifth home video game console was born in 1988. It has a popular series of Sonic, Shining series, Phantasy Star and Puyo. In commemoration of about 30 years from the released ...

https://www.play-asia.com/mega-drive-mini-w/13/70cmpt

Do do they take the full amount upfront for pre orders?

Comment

No, they only charge when the item ships. I’m sure I have a $5 discount code kicking around here too if anyone wants it…

Comment

From what i remember if you pay by credit card you don't get the money taken till shipping but if you pay by paypal they take it all at the moment of ordering. That actual price from playasia is actually not that bad but i don't want to risk been hit with customs so i shall keep waiting for amazon jpn.

Anyone wanting to join me in randomly spamming amazon japans search bar for when preorders go live just paste this into search. メガドライブミニ have a feeling they might not sell out as fast as the Nintendo machines so people stand a good chance.
                              Last edited by importaku; 02-04-2019, 21:37.

Comment

I went with P-A and the FedEx Customs Taxes included. £120 all-in seems decent to me. I got two controllers too. Arrives the day after it comes out.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X