Mega Drive Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mega Drive Mini

Seems Japanese version hope Western one like SNES Mini.

It's about time they got in on this.

Comment

The article seems to suggest this could be a redesign of one of the existing poor systems.

Comment

I'm hoping for good hardware that is easily hackable but I expect the ROM selection to be the usual, unimaginative fare SEGA has been feeding us for a while.

Comment

I hope its quality hardware. It would be dumb of Sega to repackage some Chinese At@Games ****. They need to do this right.

Comment

Looks odds-on to be a repackaging of the dismal ATGames MD Flashback. Hope I'm wrong about that though.

Comment

A dream could be, getting back into hardware, means a completely new system.

Comment

Hope they do this right instead of just putting out another crappy machine. Even though I don’t like RPi those mini mds using the usb hub shell with it looked so great, if only they didn’t lag so much.

*edit* looks like it is an AT games production.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ATGFlashback/status/985158110837911552

Nothing to see here folks
                Last edited by replicashooter; 14-04-2018, 17:29.

Comment

The hardware looks different from the AT one. It actually looks half decent. Hopefully they don’t mess it up.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The AT games involvement is troubling to say the least, but the hardware shown is very different. Hopefully Sega will just use the at games ‘technology’ as a starting point. For a 30th anniversary Megadive mini I actually have pretty high hopes, looking forwards to more news.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                      The AT games involvement is troubling to say the least, but the hardware shown casing that the craptastic ATGames hardware is likey being repackaged in looks very different.
                      Corrected.

Comment

I hope they're intending adding all the writing as we'd expect on the system, looks horrendous without it.

Comment

I hope Sega will build their own hardware and use their original roms, but it will likely be another AtG emulation box.

Comment

I wish SEGA paid attention to the overwhelmingly negative reaction that AtGames' tweet has provoked.

Comment

I really fail to see the point, when MD emu is so good and there are so many MD collections and if you were going to make a Mini. Its a shame SEGA didn't go the extra mile and style it as a Mega Drive, Mega CD Marl 1 and Super32X combo unit with a colelction of their various games (the emu for all 3 is now more than good enough) . It would have made it far more special imo.

All it is now is a rather poor copy of the SNES mini

Comment

Working...
                              X