No announcement yet.

Mega Drive Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How troublesome is it to order from Amazon.co.jp?

Can I sign in with my existing Amazon account? Would there be a lot of japanese to fumble through?

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
      How troublesome is it to order from Amazon.co.jp?

Can I sign in with my existing Amazon account? Would there be a lot of japanese to fumble through?
      You need to sign up for an Amazon Jp account even if you have a U.K. Amazon account. Other than that ordering is easy as there is an English language option for Amazon Jp.

Comment

So we have to signe up for Amazon when we use it for a different country ?
        Last edited by charlesr; 15-08-2019, 11:17.

Comment

Originally posted by escobarrr View Post
          So we have to signe up for Amazon when we use it for a different country ?
          Just for japan, it's a totally separate branch of amazon not linked to the rest in the world. Euro & usa amazon accounts can log into either site but japan needs it's own new account..

Comment

UK release delayed by two weeks until 4th October...

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
              UK release delayed by two weeks until 4th October...
              The closer to my birthday, the better

Comment

Well that sucks, better not pull that crap with the jp one

Comment

This MINI system looks REALLY good. If you change the system's language to Japanese, you get the Japanese box art and Japanese games, even on an American system!!!

I think Sega really did things right with this one, keeping the fans and collectors in mind! There are some minor audio issues though, so that's a bummer...
                  Last edited by danholo; 14-08-2019, 18:59.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                    This MINI system looks REALLY good. If you change the system's language to Japanese, you get the Japanese box art and Japanese games, even on an American system!!!

I think Sega really did things right with this one, keeping the fans and collectors in mind! There are some minor audio issues though, so that's a bummer...
                    Well one thing is for sure, I will never be looking at that US interface. Man, that was ugly. I can imagine the Euro one looking dark too. The Japanese interface was bright and cheerful just how I like it.

Comment

Sound issues don't bother me. But I'm surprised and a bit disappointed M2 dropped the ball with the graphics/filters.

No pixel perfect?

Too dark scanlines?

Some games contain shimmering due to using a different pixel ratio to the other games?

WTF. This is like an AtGames device!

The Mega Drive emulator on my original Xbox has better screen options than this. I might wait until this is hacked and extra options are added, like they did with the SNES mini, which now allows you to mix and match filter options.

Comment

Yeah the graphics filters seem a bit half arsed, quite disappointing considering it’s coming from M2. It’s the same filters that are from the Konami collections that they did, I hope this isn’t the start of a precedent (please be OK PCE Mini) For the most part though people won’t even notice and they will be happy with what they have. But as My Life In Gaming said; for the average gamer it’s great for that dose of nostalgia but for the enthusiast it might fall short of what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
                          for the average gamer it’s great for that dose of nostalgia but for the enthusiast it might fall short of what they want.
                          I feel like that statement is true of all these 'mini' consoles.

Apart from the odd bad choice a nice selection of games though.
                          Last edited by Digfox; 15-08-2019, 08:28.

Comment

Yep these mini consoles are just novelties for the holiday season more than anything, not a serious proposition for retro gaming in the modern age. If you are serious about retro gaming you’d get a Mega SG or a Framemeister with original hardware. Nintendo only made their mini consoles as a stopgap to keep their name relevant while the Switch library was thin on the ground, they were never a serious machine.

The MD Mini is good for what it is, but that is all it is.

Comment

Novelties but they sit nicely between the convenience of emulation/game compilations and the more hardcore FPGA/Original Hardware setups. They are just another way to experience these old games although as you say a fairly casual friendly way.

Comment

Working...
                              X