No announcement yet.

The X-Men Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In spite of what they are doing on TV, I think that the R-rated nature of Deadpool will have Disney keeping it at arm's length from the rest of the movie MCU. But yeah, I also see it being split from X-Men. I'm just amazed they haven't canned all those upcoming X-Men movies. I wonder if there is a clause in the Fox deal which means they just can't wipe the slate clean.

Comment

I imagine so, especially with the small risk of it falling through. The second the ink dries though I imagine everything not already filming will get wiped clean from the slate and is also really much of the reason their 2018 slate has been stretched out so thinly over next year too. Loads of commenters have said about New Mutants getting pulled to a streaming service if the deal gets confirmed and I can see that happening considering the bad air around it. That would potentially make Dark Phoenix the closing entry though Gambit still seems an oddly alive project.

Comment

Curiously, Fox has now dropped the X-Men title from Dark Pheonix which will now just run with the subtitle

Comment

20th Century Fox’s moving up of “Deadpool 2” by a few weeks has yielded results with official box-office tracking estimates several weeks out indicating the naughty superhero sequel is set to top the $132 million of the first film and could go to $150 million. Fandango adds that the film is tracking to be the […]

Whilst Deadpool 2's domestic tracking is currently placing it slightly ahead of the original which bodes well.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            https://twitter.com/JLdaily/status/9...920384/photo/1

Curiously, Fox has now dropped the X-Men title from Dark Pheonix which will now just run with the subtitle
            If I were completely jumping to conclusions, which I am, I’d say it’s because they already want to place some distance between these and an impending new X-Men launch. And by impending, I mean maybe in 5 years or so because movies can be slow.

Comment

Following TJ Millers recent issues with being charged with phoning in a fake bomb alert and sexual misconduct/abuse claims Reynolds has stayed quiet on the matter though he has now confirmed Miller won't be involved in X-Force. Whether Miller returns for Deadpool 3 will rest on Fox/Disney it seems

Comment

Current early estimates for the “Deadpool” sequel have indicated the film is on track to gross more than $150 million during its domestic opening weekend alone, easily exceeding the original and easily making a good case for a third film. Speaking with EW this week though, the film’s star Ryan Reynolds says he has some […]

Reynolds says he isn't sure Deadpool 3 will happen and if it did in what form. He says that the character has potential in terms of team ups and working with other characters but to continue making solo movies means keeping the character stripped back with no budget or access to anything else in order to keep it pushing boundaries and that can get harder as it goes on.

Comment

Comment

Deadpool 2 is marked to potentially open to $350m worldwide. The total would mean the film was almost halfway to matching the previosu entry in one weekend if it hits the mark.

Another tie in vid was also released:

And Reynolds snuck on to a Korean masked talent show singing Tomorrow from Annie:

I enjoy that last vid far more than I should

Comment

Channing Tatum has been linked to the X-Men Gambit role for four years now, but the film itself has hit delay after delay as directors and releases dates change seemingly every few months. Add to that the wrinkle of the fate of the X-Men being uncertain at this point due to the Disney-Fox deal still […]

Fox is still aiming to get the Gambit film nobody is asking for off the ground for some reason

Comment

With “Deadpool 2” scoring $300 million worldwide this past weekend, and set to take a further $55 million domestically this coming holiday weekend, people are still very much talking about the Merc with a Mouth including the film’s scribes Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. Speaking with Cinema Blend, the pair confirmed the film’s home video […]

Deadpool 2's writers go into some spoiler territory when explaining what to expect in the Director's Cut that runs 12 minutes longer. They also confirm that everything seen in the post-credits sequences is canon.

Comment

So, Deadpool 2:

After watching the film I'd place it as 'okay'. When the original came out I enjoyed it but a rewatch heavily diminished the experience as the joke is pretty much the crux of the movie. With this sequel I needed it to deliver more of an actual structured movie in order for it to stick the landing and prove more of these are fine to make and it does that... just. The humour, is okay, there's some good stuff in there but it's more the moment to moment humour than the actual central running gags. The film too often relies on being infantile with cheap shock jokes or doesn't know when to let off the gas. There are a few joke scenes in the film that feel like they start, are amusing, then stop being amusing, then still go on even more. It repeats jokes too much too and leaves a bit of a feeling that unless they find new material this isn't a series that should run and run.

The core plot works well though, it's not deep but it serves the character well enough. I know why they went with the plot they did but it creates scenes with some decent emotional heft to them which a character like Deadpool needs as without something to ground him he'd get old fast. The aspects I'd have liked to have seen more would have bothered me if I didn't know what films were coming up though I feel I shouldn't need a release schedule to excuse this one.

I'll be interested to see what a rewatch does for this film down the line but overall, it was decent - an improvement - but just alright overall.

BTW - Read over on Era, if it's true, that the test showings of Dark Phoenix may suggest it's so bad people will take on a new appreciation for Last Stand.

Comment

Shareholders in 21st Century Fox will get their chance to determine whether the company sells the bulk of its assets to Walt Disney Company or consider a potential offer from Comcast Corp. with a July 10th investor meeting having been scheduled. Fox is convening the meeting to vote on the $52.4 billion agreement to sell […]

Fox has set a 10 July 2018 vote for the Disney deal

Comment

As “Deadpool 2” has come and gone, the next chance we’ll get to see Ryan Reynolds’ Merc With The Mouth will be the upcoming “X-Force” spin-off film which hails from writer/director Drew Goddard (“The Cabin in the Woods”). Goddard is currently putting the finishing touches on his darkly comic ensemble crime caper film “Bad Times […]

Looks like X-Force will start filming early 2019

Comment

Speculation time peeps. So Disney and Fox will be merging meaning the X-Men and Fantastic Four will be free to join the MCU... which let's be honest... will happen at some point.

We have two filmed projects waiting to release after multiple delays, the Deadpool arm which is already set to continue though realistically presumable unconnected to anything and then the awaiting projects such as Kitty Pride and the higher profile Tatum led Gambit film. You're best prediction of how this shakes out?

Me? That'll be an awkward phonecall to Tatum's agent...

Comment

Working...
                                X