No announcement yet.

The X-Men Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox just made a slew of release date changes. Instead of opening Alita: Battle Angel on Dec. 21, she now goes on Feb. 14, 2019. Instead, Fox is releasing, what we hear, is a PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 on Dec. 21. They’ve listed it as untitled Deadpool movie. For Alita, it’s about the date, to have the first movie coming out of […]

Rumour is Fox will release a PG-13 rated version of Deadpool 2 this December

Comment

Fox just made a slew of release date changes. Instead of opening Alita: Battle Angel on Dec. 21, she now goes on Feb. 14, 2019. Instead, Fox is releasing, what we hear, is a PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 on Dec. 21. They’ve listed it as untitled Deadpool movie. For Alita, it’s about the date, to have the first movie coming out of […]

Also, Dark Phoenix has been delayed yet again, now opening on 07 June 2019

Whilst Fox has kicked Gambit out of touch to 13 March 2020, well into the territory where Disney will be able to cancel the project.
      Last edited by Neon Ignition; 28-09-2018, 20:55.

Comment

Finally saw Deadpool 2 tonight after missing it at the cinema. Loved it. It basically had everything I like in a movie except for maybe Bruce Campbell. If they get him in for the third, they’ll have created the perfect movie.

Comment

I don't think the X Men films are great or anything but they definitely have more of a comic vibe than Marvel films. I enjoy the differences in tone, personally, and hope they don't just get Marvel Studio'd.

Comment

They're going to get massively Marvel Studio'd - Homecoming is likely the cookie cutter template for how Disney will have Fox manage the films here on out.

I bet audiences can't wait to see Logan discover his forgotten past, Magneto to shock by betraying Xavier and to witness the Dark Phoenix arc for the fifth time!

Comment

Except that Homecoming totally managed to avoid being a retread of any of the five previous Spider-Man films.

Comment

Hopefully any X reboot also avoids diving in with known plots - I'm not sure how hard that is in comparison given the volume of characters and longer running nature of the Fox films.

I'm happy to see a reboot though, I just don't want them to have the blander air Homecoming had. Hopefully they lean to the more styled leanings of Guardians or Ragnarok given the characters involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  Hopefully any X reboot also avoids diving in with known plots - I'm not sure how hard that is in comparison given the volume of characters and longer running nature of the Fox films.

I'm happy to see a reboot though, I just don't want them to have the blander air Homecoming had. Hopefully they lean to the more styled leanings of Guardians or Ragnarok given the characters involved.
                  Yeah, I think they really need the Disney X-Men movies to have a vibe more like Guardians - insofar as they need their own distinct identity.

Also I think Marvel could do the X-Men really well; just they need to not focus so much on Logan/Wolverine. I know he's a strong part of the franchise but he's really played out. I would even go so far as to not have him the first movie at all.

They could try and build up to Apocalypse being the crescendo of the next Marvel "phase" in the way that Thanos was the climax of the current one. The only problem is that they're both powerful, hulking, big-jawed guys:

I don't know if that will fly. Plus, he was the main foe in a Fox movie so they may want to avoid that.

Maybe they should go with Onslaught instead.
                  Last edited by Asura; 01-10-2018, 09:10.

Comment

Whenever it comes up about the X-future, having Doctor Doom as a key villain seems popular. I'd be okay with it, I just don't need anymore F4 movies.

Comment

While the Disney & Fox merger hasn’t yet closed, many have wondered what impact it will have on the various “X-Men” related projects that have been in development at Fox for years. One such title is “X-Force,” a project that seems one of the likeliest to survive the merger as it’s being positioned more as […]

Drew Goddard has said that no more work has been carried out on X-Force which was supposed to come before Deadpool 3. He expects to discuss it soon with the others involved but this puts the film firmly in Disney's decision making court.

Comment

Next month sees the release of a PG-13 cut of “Deadpool 2” in cinemas, one that will incorporate both a new framing device that’s a parody of “The Princess Bride,” and cut scenes not included in the original along with a new edit of the movie. Speaking with Slashfilm this week, writers Rhett Reese and […]

More of a breakdown of how the PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 will work with new scenes having been filmed with the cast back in September. The film is aimed to get Deadpool across to Chinese markets and to younger audiences but also targeted in a way that it is worth those who watched the standard film returning to cinemas.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          http://www.darkhorizons.com/pg-13-de...filmed-scenes/

More of a breakdown of how the PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 will work with new scenes having been filmed with the cast back in September. The film is aimed to get Deadpool across to Chinese markets and to younger audiences but also targeted in a way that it is worth those who watched the standard film returning to cinemas.
                          Can't imagine that'll work. I mean, the Chinese market thing, fine, but not over here.

Comment

20th Century Fox has announced “Once Upon A Deadpool,” the title for the upcoming PG-13 cut of this year’s biggest R-rated hit “Deadpool 2”. Deadline reports that the project will have a limited-engagement that begins December 12th and concludes on Christmas Eve. While most of the film is just “Deadpool 2” edited to meet PG-13 […]

Fox has officially confirmed the title of the recut PG rated Deadpool 2 to be:

Once Upon a Deadpool

It will be available at cinemas for 12 days only starting from the 12 December. Reportedly Disney and Marvel will be analysing the performance and reactions of the recut to see how best to retrofit Deadpool under their banner.

Comment

Poster for Once Upon a Deadpool

Comment

First trailer for Once Upon a Deadpool

Comment

Working...
                                X