No announcement yet.

God Of War PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started this last night and thoughts are mixed. What stands out immediately is just how beautiful, no, actually the very first thing is just how loud the Pro's fan is screaming from the get-go, especially during cut scenes. Might need the 'phones for this one. But the game, it is a stunner visually.

One thing I'm not used to yet is the camera. It feels like it's attached to a piece of elastic, which kind of did my head in a bit. Might have a tinker with the settings, see if it makes it any better. Also, the combat feels very basic at the beginning. I don't know whether I was missing something but the giant you fight in the opening bit, I couldn't figure out how to target the orange/weak parts on him with any success. He was moving around too fast to aim the axe with any accuracy and the kid's bow didn't feel amiable in the heat of battle. So I beat him in a really unsatisfactory way, using only the most basic of moves.

I know it's only very early and the character will build ... but I think it should feel more satisfying from the beginning.

Comment

With Portal 2 done, I think I'm going to try this next.
      It'll be interesting to see how we get on, [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION].

I'm pretty rubbish at these things compared to some of the other posters in here, so it'll be interesting to see if I can get off the menu screens without dying!

Comment

@ Atticus

The combat at the start is broken, only when you learn new moves and parried does it easily open up

Comment

I felt ready for a big blockbuster and it certainly is that. I think I just need to get in tune with its mechanics, like when Robocop has to recalibrate by shooting pots of baby food

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
            @ Atticus

The combat at the start is broken, only when you learn new moves and parried does it easily open up
            Cheers buster, that's reassuring

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              One thing I'm not used to yet is the camera. It feels like it's attached to a piece of elastic, which kind of did my head in a bit. Might have a tinker with the settings, see if it makes it any better.
              I've managed to make it to chapter 2 after 2 weeks (time!). The camera movement actually made me sick. I never used to be like this. Maybe it's because I don't play these fancy, modern (cinematic?) games as often as I used to.

Comment

[MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION] glad it's not just me being old and soft

Comment

I have to say I'm finding the game a chore now after the WOW factor has worn off. The fights and battles are pretty much the same with 3 to 4 enemies appearing in pretty much the same place and just reptated and reptated and a lack of good boss battles too. The game is not a patch on the Epic 1st game and I'm not a fan of the new combat systems and much rather the chains of the classic games.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    I have to say I'm finding the game a chore now after the WOW factor has worn off. The fights and battles are pretty much the same with 3 to 4 enemies appearing in pretty much the same place and just reptated and reptated and a lack of good boss battles too. The game is not a patch on the Epic 1st game and I'm not a fan of the new combat systems and much rather the chains of the classic games.
                    come back and see me when you find out why I'm laughing

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      come back and see me when you find out why I'm laughing
                      I'm not one to bash the GOW series and it felt like I was the only one who enjoyed GOD Of War accession on here. But I've been playing this game to me its RYSE with the same issues with simple combat and repetitiveness.

I put in GOD Of War Accession the other day on my PS3 to compare and its such a better and more fun game with fantastic more fluid combat and great and huge boss battles. Finding this game a little dull in comparison and repetitive

Comment

Just had an hour with this after work and it's starting to show its qualities ... I can feel myself really getting into it

Also, I changed the Pro screen option from 'resolution' to 'performance' which has improved things in a number of ways: combat feels more fluid, the camera is easier on the eye, and the fan is a bit quieter on the system (if it was at 11, it's now more like a 7). You won't see your new 4K tv doing its finest turn, but the advantages outweigh this imo.

Comment

Ten minutes in and I don't think Kratos is cut out to be a daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Ten minutes in and I don't think Kratos is cut out to be a daddy.
                            Just keep playing. It's an amazing journey.

Comment

He's a bit of a dick, really.
                              "Ooh a treasure chest!"
                              *Punches through lid rather than gently opening it*

"We must respect the traditions of our forefathers."
                              *Throws lid aside from sarcophagus and loots the cash*

"Those wolves aren't bad, just hungry"
                              *Slaughters wolves*

Comment

The invisible walls are doing my head in too. I can't get to items past a one inch high wall or a dandelion patch.

Comment

Working...
                                X