Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi > Neo Geo X anyone done this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that you could do it for under £150.00 inc £50 for the stick. Especially if you only want Neo Geo on there. A 16GB SD Card would probably do the trick.

Comment

Right then another quick update. I have the cables and the dock, but there are two issues. 1, the power being supplied isn't enough. I should have realised prior. It powers on but displays the lightning bolt top right. So I now need to work out how to plug the power from the pi into the round socket on the back of the dock. 2, I can't get an image to pass through the docks HDMI port. When I link the female and male outside the dock, no problem. However through the dock no image. And I have tried 2 docks. I'm not sure if the resolution is too high to pass through. I will play around some more and report back.

Comment

Just in case anyone is still interested in this. I solved both issues. The image issue was a case of uncommenting some HDMI settings in the config menu, as for the power issue I took the extreme route of buying a cheap Pi2 on ebay which has lesser power requirements. And now it all works perfectly. It was a fun project I thoroughly recommend doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post
          Just in case anyone is still interested in this. I solved both issues. The image issue was a case of uncommenting some HDMI settings in the config menu, as for the power issue I took the extreme route of buying a cheap Pi2 on ebay which has lesser power requirements. And now it all works perfectly. It was a fun project I thoroughly recommend doing it.
          Is the Neo Geo X Dock mode with Pi2 still working well for you? I'd love some details on the things you figured out (HDMI settings in config menu, which Pi2 model etc). I have been considering giving it a try and so far you're the first person to imply it worked great without power issues or lag etc.

Comment

Hi, wow this was 2 years ago already. I haven't really used it in the past year. I'll drag it out and see if I am still impressed.

Comment

Much appreciated!

Comment

Hi, wow this was 2 years ago already. I haven't really used it in the past year. I'll drag it out and see if I am still impressed.
                Did you get around to this [MENTION=515]chipsgravy[/MENTION] ? This idea popped into my mind again and I think I’m going to give it a go.

Comment

Hi unfortunately or fortunately (I can't quite decide) I was unfurloughed and forgot about this. I have now got it out and plugged in, Is there anything in particular you are interested in. I am not the best judge on Lag as I never owned a Neo Geo so have only ever played the games via emulation. I have however also put on here all the Neo Geo Pocket colour games and a couple of SNK PS1 titles.

Comment

Hi unfortunately or fortunately (I can't quite decide) I was unfurloughed and forgot about this. I have now got it out and plugged in, Is there anything in particular you are interested in. I am not the best judge on Lag as I never owned a Neo Geo so have only ever played the games via emulation. I have however also put on here all the Neo Geo Pocket colour games and a couple of SNK PS1 titles.
                    Are you still happy with how it turned out? I guess I’m also after some further re assurance that it’s not too hard to do? I really want to build my own neo geo mini and this seems ideal, I only want it for neo geo aes stuff and from all I’ve read that’s no problem for a raspberry pi to emulate, its just the Pi stuff puts me off because I’m not very technically minded.

Comment

Working...
                    X