Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro games (items?) you want, but can't afford!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
    I still remember 13 year old me buying this sealed from a mail order ad at the back of Nintendo Magazine System for £13. I still have the same copy, but no PAL SNES to play it on! Super NT console should solve that but I can't afford that either right now, so add it to the list.
    I bought my copy in Makro. 1998. Not sure how much it cost exactly, but less than twenty quid. They also had Wild Guns and Pocky & Rocky 2 and several other games... Which I didn't buy. Oh well, we've all had experiences like that in our gaming lives.

Comment

A copy of Recca Summer Carnival would be grand

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
        I disagree with that statement. Sometimes I elect not to purchase something, not because I cannot afford it, but for a number of other reasons such as not deeming it worth the asking price, concerns over whether the amount of use I will get from it will justify the price tag, or just that there are other things I’d sooner purchase for the money. Then there is the whole flash cart/emulation argument... why pay hundreds, maybe even thousands, for a game which can be acquired much more cheaply?

Retro gaming is approaching a point whereby, quite frankly, there is little I’m prepared to pay for, despite the fact I could afford to if I so wished.
        I actually only said it because I wanted to see what you'd say. Your well composed answer did not disappoint. \o/

Comment

The Virtual Boy Space Invaders Virtual Collection, which I only ever saw one copy of while in Japan and it was 25000yen. Which I did not have at that time.

Comment

My old Japanese Sega Megadrive collection back, don't fancy paying a grand for a complete Vampire Killer now...that could be a boot.
            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
              My old Japanese Sega Megadrive collection back, don't fancy paying a grand for a complete Vampire Killer now...that could be a boot.
              Ignore crazy Italian chancer prices. It can still be had for less than half that! (not that it makes it better).

Comment

I said before in the last thread we had like this how amusing it is to see people turn to their inner YARRRR! once the price hike kicked in across the board on retro stuff whereas before they looked down their ivory powdered nostrils at the pirating peasant scum class who downloaded ROMs from the net.

And even more amusing is how Everdrive is somehow more righteous than all other forms of "backup" loading cart More mental gymnastics going on than your average modern day "Person of the book" has to do to reconcile their faith with their common sense but thats dinner party conversation and this isn't that kind of thread....

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                  I thats dinner party conversation and this isn't that kind of thread....
                  I think we're all having dinner on the 16th/17th June. So...

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                    I think we're all having dinner on the 16th/17th June. So...
                    Superb! Aside from religion and politics I also enjoy saying other WTF inducing things that everyone thinks but most are just too bitch made to express out loud thanks to this modern pansy world and its global mind control that has people censoring themselves for fear of offending anyone and thus lies rule the day but that again is a dinner party conversation.

Comment

Edit: link too big.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                          Reckon it will reach 1 million yen?

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest bud, Gradius poster went for 1000 +GBP

Comment

Working...
                            X