Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro games (items?) you want, but can't afford!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro games (items?) you want, but can't afford!

I'll start with a Japanese Rapid Hero PCB.

I've been through several Asian boards over the years. Some were considered cheap at £500, but have since gone up to £1200~.

Now the Japanese PCB is a different story altogether, prices seem to start at £2000 on a good day.

You chase a samurai robot through space. With each subsequent stage he gets bigger, badder and more ridiculous!

There are 8 stages of NMK goodness to go through with this one. The sound track is over the top and epic!

For those who haven't heard of this game, I urge you to try it on MAME - it's an incredible shooter!

Last edited by Zaki; 02-05-2018, 16:00.

The drumming in the intro/S1 music of that has tickled me

Comment

The flashing exhaust effect on that spaceship is headache inducing! Looks good though. DO IT!

Comment

Am I contributing to the thread or just being plain difficult when I say ‘none’; if I can’t afford a game then I don’t want it.

Mind you I’d love to get a NeoSD. I can probably afford it, it’s just the earache I’ll get from the missus for investing in spending so much on one.
        Last edited by samanosuke; 30-04-2018, 21:32.

Comment

Hmmm, AES Metal Slug?

There are games I can afford and would like to own but I'm not willing to fork over the cash for. Magic Knight Rayearth, Snatcher, Panzer Dragoon Saga...etc.

Popful Mail passed into that category last year as well.

Comment

Surely if you aren't willing to to hand over the dosh, it's too much and you can't afford it? Unless you mean morally unacceptable

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
              Am I contributing to the thread or just being plain difficult when I say ‘none’; if I can’t afford a game then I don’t want it.

Mind you I’d love to get a NeoSD. I can probably afford it, it’s just the earache I’ll get from the missus for investing in spending so much on one.
              I almost tried sneaking an SD2SNES into my PC build. I didn't get much time to properly plan the treachery though so skipped.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                Surely if you aren't willing to to hand over the dosh, it's too much and you can't afford it? Unless you mean morally unacceptable
                I feel like I'm wasting my money when I pay more than £100 for a game basically. I can afford to pay more, I'm just not willing to.

Comment

Moar neos

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    I disagree with that statement. Sometimes I elect not to purchase something, not because I cannot afford it, but for a number of other reasons such as not deeming it worth the asking price, concerns over whether the amount of use I will get from it will justify the price tag, or just that there are other things I’d sooner purchase for the money. Then there is the whole flash cart/emulation argument... why pay hundreds, maybe even thousands, for a game which can be acquired much more cheaply?

Retro gaming is approaching a point whereby, quite frankly, there is little I’m prepared to pay for, despite the fact I could afford to if I so wished.

Comment

Most new games, tbh!

Wait long enough and most games drop in price, so it seems nuts to drop up to £60 on a new game.

As for retro stuff (we're in the retro thread), I think something would have to be more than just the game to make me splash the cash, it has to be a great game and have stunning box or manual art.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                        I disagree with that statement. Sometimes I elect not to purchase something, not because I cannot afford it, but for a number of other reasons such as not deeming it worth the asking price, concerns over whether the amount of use I will get from it will justify the price tag, or just that there are other things I’d sooner purchase for the money. Then there is the whole flash cart/emulation argument... why pay hundreds, maybe even thousands, for a game which can be acquired much more cheaply?

Retro gaming is approaching a point whereby, quite frankly, there is little I’m prepared to pay for, despite the fact I could afford to if I so wished.
                        New thread:

Retro games you want, but can't afford, but actually can, but choose not to buy out of principle

To be honest, I'm slowly reaching this point (not the afford part). I'm going to invest in some flash carts and see how I feel.

Comment

I'd like to own a copy of Terranigma again. Still so regret selling my ridiculously good condition copy 12 years ago... Was one of my favourite games from the latter end of the system's life.

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
                            I'd like to own a copy of Terranigma again. Still so regret selling my ridiculously good condition copy 12 years ago... Was one of my favourite games from the latter end of the system's life.
                            I still remember 13 year old me buying this sealed from a mail order ad at the back of Nintendo Magazine System for £13. I still have the same copy, but no PAL SNES to play it on! Super NT console should solve that but I can't afford that either right now, so add it to the list.

Comment

What's a CIB Terranigma worth nowadays? I got hold of one from Scandinavia (but all in English) about 15 years ago for 30 quid.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                              X