X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks more like a silicone cover if you look closely

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      I think this is down to the 21st century not having any definable culture of its own.
      You really think that? I'm not sure, but that's purely because when we were in the 90s, I felt that about the 90s. For instance BritPop borrowed many cues from 60s rock; ABBA came back...

Comment

Man, I felt the 90's culture hard once the mid-90's Oasis, Blur era Chav image hit. The 80's were very clearly done and dusted and bad as some of that was the 90's is a car wreck of an era culture. The 00's definitely faltered afterward and that stagnation has set in ever since so I'd agree. Broadly I think it's that the pattern of reviving past fashion trends moved from being generational trends to commercially planned ones. It's like in one of our local papers, they do old photo's and you can immediately see the difference to present day until you hit the late 90's then it's largely indistinguishable bar car designs. Post-2000 the two decades have lacked as much self-identity for better and for worse. I reckon that's why the last 90's revival stalled, not enough worth reviving.

Comment

We're getting off topic but I think every decade probably has some sort of culture (and just because you get old and do the 'it's all rubbish now' thing doesn't actually mean it's all rubbish now) but not all decades are equal, not by a long shot. And largely what survives is a vision portrayed in the media which might not reflect the reality (I mean, who here lived a life anything like we saw in '80s movies? The '80s were grey and miserable where I was, anyway). For whatever reason, I think the '50s had a massive influence - think of just how much stuff in the '70s and '80s was influenced by or even directly referenced the '50s as it was portrayed in US media. And then again the same with the '80s. There have been throwbacks to the '60s, '70s, '90s in my lifetime but none have been as pervasive as the '50s and '80s for whatever reason.

Comment

Yeah, from this closer photo it does look like a silicone cover...

Comment

I still think that looks decent, nice and chunky. It'll no doubt be rubbish, but I like it, if not enough to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                I still think that looks decent, nice and chunky. It'll no doubt be rubbish, but I like it, if not enough to buy it.
                You should print that out and put it in the box when it arrives

Comment

Looks ugly. Not as bad as Capcom's effort but not good.

Comment

Looks like it is all fighting games:

revealed the 20 games that will be pre-loaded on the Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro. Here's the full list:

The King of Fighters '95
                    The King of Fighters '97
                    The King of Fighters '98
                    The King of Fighters '99
                    The King of Fighters 2000
                    The King of Fighters 2002
                    Fatal Fury Special
                    Fatal Fury 3
                    Garou: Mark of the Wolves
                    Samurai Shodown II
                    Samurai Shodown III
                    Samurai Shodown IV
                    Samurai Shodown V Special
                    Art of Fighting
                    World Heroes 2
                    World Heroes 2 Jet
                    World Heroes Perfect
                    Ninja Master's
                    The Last Blade 2
                    Kizuna Encounter

Comment

How weird is it that '96 and 2001 are missing? And no Last Blade 1? I mean, there is literally no reason not to include every fighting game that this thing can run.

Comment

Turfmasters??

Comment

They stated before that it’s going to be 20 fighting games.

And what a strange selection it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            How weird is it that '96 and 2001 are missing? And no Last Blade 1? I mean, there is literally no reason not to include every fighting game that this thing can run.
                            Exactly what I was thinking......

96 and the LB1 are both great games as well. Doesn't make any sense. Also not great for people like me, the gaps in the series would drive me mad! There is no reason they couldn't put every fighting game produced for the Neo, making it the ultimate "fighting stick".

Unless they plan to sell additional in some way????

Comment

かつてのゲーム機「NEOGEO CD」の専用コントローラーをモチーフに、シンプルかつ先進的なデザインにリファイン。『ザ・キング・オブ・ファイターズ』や『サムライスピリッツ』、『餓狼伝説』など、NEOGEOの格闘ゲームタイトルの中から厳選した20作品収録した、デザインと実用性を兼ね備えたアーケードコントローラーです。

13,900 ¥

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                                They stated before that it’s going to be 20 fighting games.

And what a strange selection it is...
                                It’s got KoF ‘98, Garou: MotW, SamSho 2 and Last Blade 2. That’s all one needs really.

Comment

Working...
                                X