No announcement yet.

Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the price doesn't drop before release I'm going to cancel my pre-order. The fact Sony just announced a PS1 mini complete with two controllers for £90 makes the price of this even more ridiculous.

All the other mini's are shipped with two controllers and an HDMI cable. I don't see how a tiny low-res screen and tiny built in controls justify the high price of this. It probably costs Nintendo and Sony more to ship theirs with two proper controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post

SNK could've just copied Nintendo and made a little NeoGeo
      That's what I wanted.

Comment

Seems the 3rd party companies are starting to make stuff for this thing as there's now a ps3/4 arcade stick adapter on the way thats probably using the same hack that people found out for getting controllers to work on the minis usb ports.

However i doubt that the price of that thing is the real retail price and just a marketplace seller trying it on.

Comment

I’m still waiting to hear someone here’s views on it, no sign of yours being delivered yet Importaku?

Comment

not released til oct 15th in usa and oct 29th in uk, people on youtube were sent out review copies of the international version, guess snk are hoping that it will build hype. Quite telling though that the preorders have been open weeks now and amazon uk still hasnt sold out lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              If you look at that photo of the family, the pads have all actually been photoshopped in to their hands. What were they REALLY holding that made them so happy????
              Something with 2 triggers at the top of the pad

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                not released til oct 15th in usa and oct 29th in uk, people on youtube were sent out review copies of the international version, guess snk are hoping that it will build hype. Quite telling though that the preorders have been open weeks now and amazon uk still hasnt sold out lol.
                Ah, for some reason I thought you said you also had a Japanese one coming.

@Zaki, duelling pistols?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  Ah, for some reason I thought you said you also had a Japanese one coming.

@Zaki, duelling pistols?
                  Nope the games in the japanese one are not my thing which is why i passed up on it.

Comment

It's a definite no from me.

Comment

Wait, is this you?

Comment

I doubt it, I think he's actually played a KoF game before - unlike this dude.

Comment

Why isn’t anyone mentioning the input-lag? This is far more important than a slightly blurry picture imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ExMosquito View Post
                            Why isn’t anyone mentioning the input-lag? This is far more important than a slightly blurry picture imo.
                            This is all I want to know. One frame and I'll be happy with one of these, perhaps.

Actually, no. I won't. From LibRetro (RetroArch people) in a YT video comment section:

Originally posted by LibRetro
                            The emulator was literally grabbed from the Internet, it was made by a homebrew dev who took portions of MAME and FBA sourcecode and combined them into one. This was back when MAME was licensed as noncommercial. It is quite possible it was a license break to license this then as GPL, and for SNK and the Chinese no-name contractor they probably hired to take this tojust take that and then sell this overpriced trinklet comes off as extremely scummy and corporate welfare-ish. I really feel you Youtubers have to significantly step up your game and become a lot more critical on these ventures, these companies are literally doing no inhouse production at all and are just taking open source emulators and then putting $100+ pricetags on what is essentially cheap SoC hardware. Worse is that the authors themselves behind these emulators either don't get compensated for them at all, or that the licenses of the emulators are being paid lip service. In any case, it really reveals that there is no shame anymore in this games industry in terms of how they go about and take stuff that isn't theirs and then proceed to sell it so carelessly.

If you want to find out the sourcecode repo that the no-name contractor just dumped on Github, here it is -

neogeo mini. Contribute to xugamezhouyuhua/neogeominiemu development by creating an account on GitHub.

Again, I reiterate - this was made for PSP homebrew way back in the day, SNK did not lift a finger on any of this work, and it is very likely it was not even legal for him to license this as GPL given the non-commercial licenses of the MAME versions the code was based on, never mind for SNK and its Chinese affiliates to just sell it like this. They did this one time before with Neo Geo X Gold or whatever it was called when they were straight up taking emulators like FBA and throwing it on hardware even though that emulator has a non-commercial license attached to it. I guess to this 'industry', the only things that should be respected are their licenses and their 'IP', and that of budding homebrew authors can just be paid lip service.

Why are you guys so excited at these companies just re-selling you homebrew emulators like this? This is literally cash grab-ism, nothing more.
                            After watching some videos in slow motion the input latency looks pretty horrendous. The menu/UI looks more Chinese than my wife.

Here, this is one of the worst reviews I've seen since IGN reviewed God Hand - but watch it at 0.25 speed, listen to the guy talk, and try keeping a straight face:

Laaaaffff is laaaaahhkkk a baaaacckkkssss ughh chaaaackklatttssss......
                            Last edited by dataDave; 27-09-2018, 23:06.

Comment

I'm happy Ashens came straight out and said this unit was ****. Even metal Jesus Rocks (who knows sweet FA about anything not on the PC) gav it the thumbs down. I'm happy about this because I played th Japanese one and came away very unimpressed. I thought it was just me being an old fart because others were praising it.

Comment

SNK had the chance to right all the wrongs of that PoS Tommo put out but it sounds like they screwed the pooch again.

At least Sony had the good sense to copy Nintendo lock, stock and barrel.

Comment

Working...
                                X