Has anyone backlit modded a gba?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone backlit modded a gba?

I have an original gen one gba, I have backlit kit. Any tips or advice?
    Last edited by SuperDanX; 11-05-2018, 19:51.

Look up a ghetto clean room (aka shower) and after you’ve done all the prep seal it back up in there to ensure no specks or dust get in otherwise you’ll twitch each time you notice it on the screen

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
      Look up a ghetto clean room (aka shower) and after you’ve done all the prep seal it back up in there to ensure no specks or dust get in otherwise you’ll twitch each time you notice it on the screen
      Yes even a spec of dust would do my head in, Ive seen a couple of tutorials that recommend doing it the bathroom. (Ooh ahh)

Comment

Apart from dust the other tricky bit is cutting the case to get the new screen to sit just right. Are you going with a glass replacement outer screen? I did & ended up wishing I'd kept the plastic original, probably just for authenticity's sake. By that point it was too late, can't remember why as it was 4 years ago. It's one of those mods that's easy to do, but hard to nail if you're a perfectionist (maybe all mods are like that haha). Good luck!

Comment

I found the cutting quite easy but I used a dremel. Why would you want a plastic screen over glass though? I haven’t seen any replacement in the flesh but I like the idea if I still had a gba as I modded my old one ages ago before selling it.

Comment

Originally posted by roachie View Post
            Apart from dust the other tricky bit is cutting the case to get the new screen to sit just right. Are you going with a glass replacement outer screen? I did & ended up wishing I'd kept the plastic original, probably just for authenticity's sake. By that point it was too late, can't remember why as it was 4 years ago. It's one of those mods that's easy to do, but hard to nail if you're a perfectionist (maybe all mods are like that haha). Good luck!
            The kit includes a glass screen which I’ll probably install, you’ve made me reconsider tho. Just waiting on my solder iron to arrive now so I’ll let you know how’s I get on.

Comment

Am I right in thinking that the screens these days have busted the ghosting? If so then happy days. Mine has one of the screens that top bloke Zerey Zhang found in a warehouse & it completely transforms the system, however the ghosting almost breaks the deal. Would replace the screen (again) if the new ones have solved that

Comment

Working...
              X