No announcement yet.

Polymega multi emulation device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MVG got a beta unit to test and it looks promising. I like how Neo Geo CD games have their load times eliminated, although the way you have to push the CD almost fully into the system is a bit odd. A brightness option for RGB mode would be nice as well, the image seems a little dark.

He doesn't mention input lag in the video but does mention the following in the comments:

- I was not able to test Input lag. I personally did not 'feel' any lag during my testing. However im told by RetroRGB its sits at around 2-3 frames. For an emulation box this is pretty good. However once i have the equipment i will test this.

Comment

Since all its doing is emulation and its not perfect and at that price get a PC or save hundreds and get retro pie.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
        Since all its doing is emulation and its not perfect and at that price get a PC or save hundreds and get retro pie.
        Too much faff for people interested in something like this. Having a system that can play your old discs in HD, in a nice and easy to use package with a good UI is pretty much its main selling point.

Comment

Does look nice for what it is. Again with these things tho would be nice to have analogue rgb available.

Comment

Polymega

Has anyone made a thread about this? [EDIT, Brad: Yes it was the first result when searching for polymega] Watching this video it seems impressive and well made and sort of solves the multiple consoles dilemma, plus it has a modular based design with each expansion costing $80 on top of the steep $400 for the syetem though, but it plays all CD systems out the box, plus it has a light gun add on coming too. You can basically install all our your disc-based games onto the system.

It also seems to have decent Saturn emulation, if it had Dreamcast as well plus in the future released an N64 expansion that performed and added 3DO support plus others...I am interested in this despite the price.

Play legacy video games on Polymega® including PS1, Saturn, Sega CD, Mega, CD, 32XCD, Neo Geo, TurboGrafx, PC-Engine, Supergrafx, NES, FC, SNES, SFC, MD, 32X.

Last edited by Brad; 29-09-2020, 05:05.

Comment

I've been watching this. Apparently you can stick Saturn discs in, and it'll "image" them so you no longer need the disc to play them.

If the emulation quality for Saturn is as good as people are suggesting, I think I'm going to get one.

Comment

Its not for me, but as an easy all-in-one device for disc based emulation I think its quite impressive.

Comment

Looks far more impressive than what I thought it’d be which was just another Frankenstein Retron that could play discs.

If I gave a **** about playing a vast array of consoles on an HDTV I’d certainly think of picking one up. This is like the next generation of hacked OG Xbox.

Me being me though is happy with my original hardware and CRT.

Comment

£465 on Amazon... Not gonna lie, I'm tempted.

Could go with this instead of a next-gen console.

Comment

That's ridiculously expensive to me, for what is essentially an emulation box with a degree of ease of use.

Comment

£465 you say?

Comment

I’ll let one of you lot be the guinea pigs for this feel free to buy one and test it all out for us

Comment

If anyone wants to review it for the site, I'll buy you an ice cream

Comment

Happy to! Price of a 99 Flake's gone up by a factor of about 465 round this way, mind.

Comment

It's still software emulation so no thanks. If it was decent FPGA simulation then I might be all over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X