No announcement yet.

Polymega multi emulation device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disagree, he has the reach when it comes to potential sales which is what they want ultimately.

I think the price point is going to kill this regardless though.

Comment

Reach means nothing when the people he’s shilling to won’t be the kind to drop so much money on this.

Comment

I think most of them probably started with good intentions and gradually lost their love for it as it turned into a business and/or started having to tailor their content to make money to pay their bills. The MetalJesus ones are particularly annoying as it's just him and a mate in a room listing "rare" games while admitting he hasn't played nearly any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
          I think most of them probably started with good intentions and gradually lost their love for it as it turned into a business and/or started having to tailor their content to make money to pay their bills. The MetalJesus ones are particularly annoying as it's just him and a mate in a room listing "rare" games while admitting he hasn't played nearly any of them.
          I'm baffled by the amount of vitriol they receive. It's not like anyone's forced to watch their content.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
            I'm baffled by the amount of vitriol they receive. It's not like anyone's forced to watch their content.
            They don't bother me much other than having to keep saying "not interested" on the thumbnails to make them go away for a bit. It must be annoying for anyone with good content to get buried under clickbait vids though.

Comment

Problem is they always come back, if you like gaming they always keep popping up like some gaming std. The ebegging rubs me up the wrong way too. Jesus with his $50k 3 month holiday/tour. I mean his thinly disguised Patreon tin rattling or scamcock with his museum that’s basically a way for him to expand his collection by gullible fans giving up their rare stuff in hopes of a mention online like starstruck simps, or him outright ripping people off by offering to buy their games then lowballing them when he takes reciept of them or in the one case he said they were fake and said he had thrown them away instead of returning them.

Not even starting on the abuse of the false striking smaller channels because someone called him out on his crap. Yeah they are not poor victims and it drags down the hobby with turds like them up front and centre on YouTube.

Comment

I think the annoyance comes in part from how inescapable he seems to be. The algorithm seems to reward Metaljesus so heavily, I'm constantly shown thumbnails for his stuff, despite not watching it for years and having clicked 'Not interested' and so on.

I agree with Cepp though that he is probably a good call for Polymega as someone to endorse and promote their stuff. I reckon he's got exactly the audience that they're trying to reach.

To me this product holds zero interest. The idea of paying nearly £500 for an emulator box seems absolutely crazy to me.

Comment

He's definitely a good choice to promote the Polymega as he will give it a very easy ride and likely not go into much detail about it other than saying it's cool and you should get one. It'll be interesting to see what the more critical end like MyLifeInGaming or Game Sack reckon.

Comment

They don't bother me much other than having to keep saying "not interested" on the thumbnails to make them go away for a bit. It must be annoying for anyone with good content to get buried under clickbait vids though.
                    I can see how the constant recommendations would frustrate people. YouTube are doing it because it brings in the views which brings in the ad money, which helps keep his videos on top and causes them to be continually recommended. That's on YouTube though.

There must be a script or extension out there that blocks certain content creators via a user created blacklist or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      His hidden gems are like Shrek 2 on Gamecube.
                      Lol, exactly. Common cack

Comment

Then they should get a real job and not rely on YouTube.
                        It really pisses me off when they only put out one video a week and then say they are so busy. Busy doing what? Not a real job that's for sure.

Comment

He's definitely a good choice to promote the Polymega as he will give it a very easy ride and likely not go into much detail about it other than saying it's cool and you should get one. It'll be interesting to see what the more critical end like MyLifeInGaming or Game Sack reckon.
                          Now they are two channels who know their stuff.

Comment

Gamesack is great, shame joe left. The bad megadrive music episode had me laughing my ass off especially when he slowly started with the blood trickling out the ears. The virtual boy special had a similar skit with the eyes bleeding.

Comment

Oh wow, so it's not hardware emulation?

.... why is it £460? Other than the potentially obvious reason. Isn't it just something like a Pi in a fancy case?!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Oh wow, so it's not hardware emulation?

.... why is it £460? Other than the potentially obvious reason. Isn't it just something like a Pi in a fancy case?!
                                I think it's like a mini Intel computer -- and it can use discs -- so it's more than a fancy Pi. It has to be able to run Saturn games well, so you couldn't just use a current Pi. I've heard that it runs Saturn games really well, seeing Saturn emulation is pretty solid now.

One of the main selling points has been the ability to just insert a disc and it will run. It's an attractive device for people who like collecting for some of the disc-based systems that are supported.

The people behind it are lucky that Saturn emulation has come on leaps and bounds, because it was pretty dodgy until quite recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X