No announcement yet.

Polymega multi emulation device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was their initial pitch... Then they realised FPGA wasn't easy and didn't adjust the price.

Comment

Ah, I thought that was this device but then thought I must have got confused.

Comment

Yeah, it was definitely pitched as at least partially FPGA initially.

Bit dodgy how influencers have them 3-4 months in advance of release too.

Comment

So it’s just a fancy retron.

Comment

Can't speak to the quality of the emulation, but yes. Duddyroar seems to like it on Twitter a lot though!

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              So it’s just a fancy retron.
              Basically. No difference than emulation on a PC. Well, unless a fancy front end is a seller.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                Basically. No difference than emulation on a PC. Well, unless a fancy front end is a seller.
                For the price they are asking lol totally not worth it in the slightest.

Comment

I can't help thinking that it caters to a niche that must be so tiny it barely exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                    I can't help thinking that it caters to a niche that must be so tiny it barely exists.
                    Probably for people who think they know it all but actually don't. A certain long haired YouTuber springs to mind. They type of person who always played his retro games in 16:9 and said he though they looked fine but suddenly started to say he always plays in 4:3 after people voiced their opinions

Comment

Only PC emulation is now much more accurate if you have at least a five year-old CPU to push it.

Comment

Probably for people who think they know it all but actually don't. A certain long haired YouTuber springs to mind. They type of person who always played his retro games in 16:9 and said he though they looked fine but suddenly started to say he always plays in 4:3 after people voiced their opinions
                        I've started to really dislike that guy. I think I'll be seeing this system accompanying mostly quite annoying people on YouTube thumbnails for many weeks to come, but I can imagine his boggle-eyed thumbnail now. I didn't mind him for a while, but I reached my limit a year or two ago.

I was trying to think of a way to put into words, but I think the main issue I have with these kinds of systems is that for mainstream systems, the hardware isn't usually the difficult or expensive part. Basically I can only see the target audience being a slim amount of people - if you aren't bothered about original hardware, there's a pretty strong chance you also won't be bothered about original software either. Maybe it will appeal to a handful of cash-rich videophiles who don't like the way their systems look even through a decent scaler, but have a very belt-and-braces view about the piracy of old games nobody even sells any more.

What I wish for is that somebody would do emulation for systems that are harder to obtain cheaply and/or have big reliability issues, the last thing the world needs is another way of playing overpriced NES games.

Comment

Gaming tubers just come across as shills most of them seem to be usa. Lamester, John scamcock, metaljesus sucks and the rest of their ilk. The amount of channels I genuinely like I can count on one hand, too many carbon copy tryhards out there.

Comment

Ooh gems, so many hidden gems. Why are they hidden gems? Because I said so. Lame!

You know what, I'm going to start a feature on my show called common-cack. It will focus on the so called hidden gems which are actually pretty common in most cases and not very good.

Comment

His hidden gems are like Shrek 2 on Gamecube.

Comment

Lool the hidden gems thing is so spot on, even more hilarious when they then mention these hidden gems and they are usually games that everyone already knows about lol.

Polymega didn’t do themselves any favours by having metaljesus shill it.
                                Last edited by importaku; 02-10-2020, 09:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X