No announcement yet.

Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu and Eevee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think disappointment for this just comes down to Go being okay but by the definition of the platform its on and the way its priced. By any broader definition it's a poor Pokémon (not that it's trying to be a core entry) but Nintendo had let fans and Switch owners get excited that the series was finally hitting consoles properly and then pulled a bait and switch with this. They totally know this too which is why they were so quick to confirm a proper RPG for next year but whilst I think this will do well for the system it's role as a system seller won't be as great as Nintendo hopes. It's currently hard to see why Nintendo thinks NS sales will rise this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      Not sure how your seeing this as a free to play game, it has exploration and battles like a traditional pokemon game, The random encounters where you had to battle pokemon is the only thing missing and it has been replaced with the throw to capture mechanic, its not a simple google map walk about collectors book like poke Go as their is lots of traditional Pokemon stuff here. my 8 year old and 10 year old are currently arguing over which version we should buy Eviee or pikachu
      Are you sure you won't be able to buy pokeballs and sprays (?) with in game currency?! Pokemon Go on mobile using real life maps is more novel than this, truthfully.

Comment

Just finished watching the Treehouse playthrough of this and Im actually really excited about getting this, graphically it looks fantastic and perfectly captures the artstyle of the original game boy games and anime. Removing the random monster fights isn’t necessarily a bad thing as the constant grinding and random encounters in the previous games was the most tedious part for me.

Comment

Can somebody summarise what this game is as you're all talking about different games now!

Is this like a normal Pokemon game of yore, but instead of colours, it's Pikachu or Eevee?
          Is it a full game or FTP?
          How do you get Pikachu on a bus?

Poke him on.

Comment

My First Pokémon
            Simplified schedule filler till they can get the proper one out

Comment

Where those reviews? *giddy!

Comment

Curious how this fares, didn't think hype levels would feel so low for it as they do

Comment

Yep. It feels remarkably low key. Given how big a push Pokemon games get, that almost feels deliberate. Like they still don't want to overshadow Sun and Moon or whatever mainline game might come next? Not sure but the push here is definitely closer to a Mystery Dungeon game than a mainline entry.

Comment

Sadly, already leaked if your yaaaaring.

Comment

Probably gonna be a gentle hand holding into the main line series for those who have discovered the series through GO. I really hope there's some real meat and potatoes here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Yep. It feels remarkably low key. Given how big a push Pokemon games get, that almost feels deliberate. Like they still don't want to overshadow Sun and Moon or whatever mainline game might come next? Not sure but the push here is definitely closer to a Mystery Dungeon game than a mainline entry.
                        Not really though? The Mystery Dungeon games are a completely different formula, not even developed by Nintendo, I don't think it's quite right to say that. Perhaps more along the lines of Colosseum or XD: Gale of Darkness which had that awful shadow system and no wild Pokémon. Fundamentally it seems not far from the original Red and Blue games, aside from the GO integration type stuff with wild Pokémon. I feel like they're making this title for their younger audience, but also people around by age that haven't touched a Pokémon game in 20 years.

The Switch Pokémon game is coming late 2019 as far as I'm aware, so I'm not exactly sure what they could be overshadowing?

I do think that this title is a divisive title though, there's a lot to criticise for long term fans that aren't interested in GO or have no real interest in this sort of integration. I suppose you could couple that with the fact that Ultra Sun/Moon last year were barely an upgrade from Sun/Moon so it's been over 2 years since we had a true new Pokémon title.

Also if I were interested in this I'd be super annoyed at it being leaked. The global release day of X/Y and media outlets being under NDA meant I was going in blind and sharing stuff I found on GAF and /vp/ and that was one of my fondest recent experiences with this franchise.

Comment

I was talking purely about the push the game is getting, or isn't.

Comment

Am I right in thinking it's about £45 for each game and another £45 for the Pokeball controller?
                            Yikes!

Comment

Do you mean in terms of Nintendo Direct coverage? Because I feel it's been light on that front.

Otherwise though I'm seeing adverts on TV, I'm sure I've seen printed material too. I don't feel it's far behind what we've seen before of this franchise in recent times. I do know they've been allowing influencers to play the game in advance and record gameplay and stuff like that so I guess they're aiming at that audience.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                Do you mean in terms of Nintendo Direct coverage?
                                I mean in terms of everything in comparison with a mainline entry. Sun and Moon were everywhere on a regular basis and I'm just not seeing the same coverage here. But I don't spend any time in the influencer circuit so if they've shifted there, I won't see it. Would be an odd time to do that given that 2017 and 2018 opened marketer's eyes to the fact that influencers don't really work in the way they all once thought they would.

Comment

Working...
                                X