X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Finished the first couple of space marines from my Dark Imperium set. I was really nervous about this colour scheme because white is tough to paint and shows up every mistake so I did some test runs with some easy to build marines and I'm glad I did. These guys turned out better due to what I figured out messing up those other marines.

Wow dude those are amazing
      Awesome work

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      Nice work man
      The plague marines always creeped me out when I was younger

Neil

Comment

Thanks Neil!
        Update: Hellblaster squad finished. Army is growing.

Comment

Wow, they’re amazing, how long does it take you to paint one marine?

Comment

Thanks! Hard to say because I tend to paint in small pockets of time rather than big chunks. I usually paint about two at a time and just bit by bit. I'd say two marines probably takes about five days doing a small bit each night.

Comment

That’s not too bad, I thought it would take longer as they’re so detailed. In the 80’s I used to buy White Dwarf magazine and look longingly at the painted figures. I even ordered a few figures to paint but never bought the paint to start. Wish I had now looking at yours

Comment

Well I only really got into this at Christmas. It’s not too late. Although it’s a pricey hobby! I’m really enjoying it though. It’s calming.

Comment

Never too late to start armchair. GW do some lovely starter kits too!

Well I think these are finished now

Comment

Comment

Thanks to the MiSTer I can retire from spending money on video games. I'm now looking at getting into Age of Sigmar instead. Are there any active players here?

Currently leaning towards the Gloomspite Gitz, Seraphon, Fyreslayers, or Ossiarch Bonereapers for my first (and probably only) army.

Comment

So for the first time in about a thousand years I placed my first order for some Warhammer 40k miniatures

I have always loved the Imperial Guard because they always felt the most plausible & realistic army
                        I also fell in love with their lore & the stories of Gaunts Ghosts have had me hooked for years so I was over the moon when they announced they were getting a box set & as soon as they went up for order today I had to get a set
                        I also ordered the Sabbat Crusades book which is a companion to the Gaunts Ghosts novels & looks great

I fear this is the start of a slippery slope I had avoided since I was in my early 20s

Neil

Comment

Working...
                        X