Warhammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick update.

It appears that Games Workshop shops also carry this publication, but is limited to 3 per customer(!). I think this limit may only be for the first issue, as subsequent issues go to £7.99 which I imagine will put off some casual fans.

I also found this link, which is ideal if you want to jump on early. I may do a subscription, just need to talk myself into it.

QC - sorry to steal your thunder mate!
    Last edited by Super Grover; 03-09-2018, 18:53. Reason: Forgot link

Comment

To be fair, [MENTION=15014]_SD_[/MENTION] posted it first!

Don't worry, it's cool people are getting involved.

Comment

Good lord, people are even scalping these on eBay for 8 - 10 quid plus postage, and they’re actually selling. They’re even parting them out and selling just the Marines....

I understand it must be frustrating living overseas and not getting it, but the fact that there wasn’t an issue to be seen today in Tesco or WHSmith is taking the piss. I’m glad I subscribed so I know I’m guaranteed to get my issues. I just thought I’d get a second copy as 2 quid for three extra guys isn’t too bad.

Comment

_SD_ - are you intending to get all the issues? At £8 a pop (issue 3 onwards) for another 77 issues is (does quick math) a lot of cash! As you said, Issue 1 is a scalpers dream. Low entry price point with limited stock availability, quick easy money to be made for some people.

The premium subscription looks nice too, with extra goodies to entice. Bah!, one to think about for sure.

I also came across this whilst reading around (pre publication release)

Comment

Yes, I have a Premium subscription. However, the saving over the rrp by the end is quite a lot. Even more so factoring in the brushes, tiny pots of paint and other such bits.

My Build R2-D2 and Star Trek graphic novel collection subscriptions come to an end by about December, so I’m effectively replacing them with this. The Batman, Transformers and 2000AD subscptions still have a loooong way to go yet though. I did nearly sign up for the Thunderbird 2 kit as it’s damn impressive, especially with the display base, then I realised I have nowhere to display it properly.

Comment

Interesting to note _SD_

I don’t know anyone who does a full term subscription, whereas you seem to be an old hand at it!

Comment

It's probably because they're a very cheap way to get models of the Marines, which can be quite expensive.

Comment

The Warhammer one seems a good idea and could be decent value by the end of it, but some of those other series are awful and overpriced.

That DeLorean one took over two years to make at £8.99 a pop, costing a total of £1158! :O

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    The Warhammer one seems a good idea and could be decent value by the end of it, but some of those other series are awful and overpriced.

That DeLorean one took over two years to make at £8.99 a pop, costing a total of £1158! :O
                    Yeah none of these make financial sense the cost to build up any collection is just horrific.
                    That Delorean one was ridiculous...you can buy the Hot Toys 1/6th scale one for less money

In respect of the Warhammer one though I am on the look out locally for at least volume one it's just daft not too at the price
                    My brother works for Wayland Games so I get to see all the new releases & know how much these cost so what you get for £1.99 is stupidly good value

My brothers latest thing now though from GW is Blood Bowl & Necromunda
                    Thinking I might get back into Necromunda, Cyberpunk is so cool
                    I still have my original Necromunda box set too (gangs are all gone though)
                    The new Blood Bowl stuff is also pretty sweet.

My brother has also got his hands on a lot of the Knight Models DC miniatures which looks great & if I could paint I would be all over this.

So much great stuff out there outside of GW stuff.

Neil

Comment

First two issues arrived today, along with the extra bits that were just floating about in the bag...

Comment

Can't get hold of issue 1 anywhere!
                        I had to call Games Workshop and they have a couple left, but I'm unsure if I'm allowed in because I'm not a virgin.

Comment

They might just test you by having a female employee (there must be at least one, maybe) serve you and if you can confidently execute the transaction without vomiting, sweating profusely and mumbling, or spluffing your pants, you'll be kicked out.

Comment

Man signals his sexual availability with Games Workshop carrier bag

A man is signalling his immediate availability to women by flaunting his Warhammer carrier bag today.

Simon Williams, 34, is brazenly carrying the bag through his town centre in an ostentatious display of naked sexual availability.

The bag is understood to contain several large plastic robots which reinforce the visual cues of his readiness to mate.

The bag is emblazoned with the words “Space Orks Waaaaagh”, which any woman will recognise as the cry of a lone wolf seeking his latest conquest.

“The problem is that women don’t pick up on the subtle signals I’ve been displaying, so I’ve had to break out the big guns,” he told us.

“I tried wearing a selection of badges on my lapel showing my liking of various campaigning, progressive bands, but for some reason, women just seem to be really unobservant of things like that.

“The one time a lady drew me into a conversation about Billy Bragg it turned out she was just a chugger trying to get me to donate £2 a week and actually uninterested in my mating display.

“So I might not have had much success so far, but I don’t think they’ll be able to resist this, especially my new set of…Age of Sigmar,” he added whilst licking his lips seductively and gently stroking his latest bag.

As yet, no females have responded to the visual cues, and Simon is considering popping home to put on his favourite Red Dwarf t-shirt in order to make his well-developed sense of humour unmissable.

Comment

At the Warhammer stand at the UKGE, there was a girl working there.
                              She was really helpful and friendly and was wearing these brilliantly detailed leggings that looked like Space Marine Power Armour.

I was looking at all the details, like rivets and battle damage, when I realised it just looked like I was staring at her arse.

Comment

I can confirm that the Chester branch Games Workshop has a female employee. I went in yesterday, using my son as a decoy, to inspect their wares. The said female employee was very amiable and knowledgeable in equal measure. She even invited me to a Sunday session in the shop, which was nice, but I’m married, so had to let her down gently.

She also mentioned that the magazine will be carried by the GW shops for the first 4/5 issues, after which it’s either subscription or trying to find a newsagent that stocks it.
                                Last edited by Super Grover; 07-09-2018, 20:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X