Warhammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, and the GW recipe for white (which is really light grey with highlights) contains a couple of shades that seem very weak. It took six coats for me just to get a decent base coat on my first attempt. I imagine yellows must be similar - I have only painted small details yellow but the base yellows seem really, really weak. Whereas those blues on the Ultramarines take first time and look really strong.
    When I did my most recent ones 2011, I used this guide, which I thought was a really nice simple way of painting them to a half decent standard. I reckon I could improve on them more now, my dry brushing tactics have improved ten fold.

Right well hello everybody and welcome to my first Tutorial, hope it goes ok! This is to show my process for painting my Ultramarines that can be found here People in the WIP thread asked me to do a Green marine or a Red Marine, however due to the fact that the WIP is about my Ultramarines I'm go...

Comment

I've just ordered a batch of fairy power spray, I think I'll start stripping my blood bowl figures

Comment

9 Years later, I've nearly finished the scenery from my Battle of Macragge set!

Comment

Random bit of trivia; something that works really nice for bases is medical gauze. You cut it to the size of the base, coat it with glue, then paint it black. After that, drybrush it, first with a dark metallic colour, then with a light metallic colour; it looks like deckplate. You can even paint some flesh wash on it after all that (just a little) to look like rust. I used to prefer to do my Tau on this back-in-the-day because it was quicker than grass and it looked cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Random bit of trivia; something that works really nice for bases is medical gauze. You cut it to the size of the base, coat it with glue, then paint it black. After that, drybrush it, first with a dark metallic colour, then with a light metallic colour; it looks like deckplate. You can even paint some flesh wash on it after all that (just a little) to look like rust.
            Any pix?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
              Any pix?
              Sadly my Warhammer days are long past. I never had that much; I ended up going to a nearby GW and giving them away; that kid with the small Tau army got the surprise of this life that day! He got about £200 worth of stuff. I was heading off to Japan so I needed to be rid of it in a hurry.

In honesty, I was never that big a fan of it; we lived near a GW and a friend and I used to play a bit while I was a student. In truth I always preferred the skirmish games like Necromunda to the big battle games. I never played D&D as a kid, but when coming to it as an adult, I realised that was why I loved Necromunda; grand strategy isn't really my thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Sadly my Warhammer days are long past. I never had that much; I ended up going to a nearby GW and giving them away; that kid with the small Tau army got the surprise of this life that day! He got about £200 worth of stuff. I was heading off to Japan so I needed to be rid of it in a hurry.

In honesty, I was never that big a fan of it; we lived near a GW and a friend and I used to play a bit while I was a student. In truth I always preferred the skirmish games like Necromunda to the big battle games. I never played D&D as a kid, but when coming to it as an adult, I realised that was why I loved Necromunda; grand strategy isn't really my thing.
                Haha, what a lucky kid he was!

Have you seen the new skirmish kill team and necromunda games? They have modular terrain with stair cases and all kinds.

Comment

Haha, what a lucky kid he was!

Have you seen the new skirmish kill team and necromunda games? They have modular terrain with stair cases and all kinds.
                  They look cool! But I think if I was going to get back into that sort of thing, I'd probably buy Star Wars: Imperial Assault first.

Comment

Yuck, starwars. I think you should set blobcat on grafting and painting miniatures.

Comment

That looks great [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION], really nice. I have no scenery stuff but maybe later. I just got a delivery of some stormcast eternals women heads so that I can use them on my space marines to make a mixed squad. I know some are fixed on the idea that the Adeptus Astartes are a gay dream heaven but I feel it’s important in the name of diversity to add heterosexual and lesbian sex in there too.

That’s how this game works, right?

Comment

I'm looking at getting back into the hobby after Christmas. I'm currently collecting Descent Second Edition, and I eventually want to paint all the minis. I'm not going to start by potentially ruining my set, so I'm going to start relearning with a Kill Team squad.

It should only take me two to three minis to catch up to speed. I might even start with an air brush if I'm still this passionate about it come Christmas. I've been watching nothing on YT other than painting.

I'm still not feeling anything for gaming other than deep retro. Although I have been playing Fire Emblem Fates to satisfy my board gaming itch. Tremendous game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          That looks great @vanpeebles, really nice. I have no scenery stuff but maybe later. I just got a delivery of some stormcast eternals women heads so that I can use them on my space marines to make a mixed squad. I know some are fixed on the idea that the Adeptus Astartes are a gay dream heaven but I feel it’s important in the name of diversity to add heterosexual and lesbian sex in there too.

That’s how this game works, right?
                          No! They are warrior monks, don't spoil it, or arl get yer!

The Macragge set was great really, well priced and the scenery bits are superb.

Comment

No! They are warrior monks, don't spoil it, or arl get yer!

The Macragge set was great really, well priced and the scenery bits are superb.
                            Well that’s another part I’m dropping with my squad. They’re atheists. And probably hedonists. So I guess, in the 40k world, heretics.

Comment

With regards to the paints I'm probably going to pick up the fantasy set from Coat D'Arms. These are the guys that used to make the Citadel paints back in the 90s, before GW switched supplier. They still use those pots which do a stellar job of preservation over long periods - whereas the GW pots are designed to dry up after two to three years.

I'm slowing picking up art supplies as I see bargains when I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                With regards to the paints I'm probably going to pick up the fantasy set from Coat D'Arms. These are the guys that used to make the Citadel paints back in the 90s, before GW switched supplier. They still use those pots which do a stellar job of preservation over long periods - whereas the GW pots are designed to dry up after two to three years.

I'm slowing picking up art supplies as I see bargains when I'm out.
                                Apparently the screw top ones where the worst. I've still got all my other paints from the early 90s onwards. Some needed recharging with distilled water. Only one went weird, and it dried up and grew upwards in a big tube.

Comment

Working...
                                X