No announcement yet.

Warhammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well annoyingly Fair Power Spray changed the reciepe. It does make the paint soft but only mildly. The old mixture used to lift it clean off. Mr Muscle Oven cleaner was better, but I've switched to one called Biostrip 20. It stripped about 98% of paint off the lead figures in an hour, and also did a plastic backpack with no damage. I've left some lead ones in all last night and today, rather than an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Well that’s another part I’m dropping with my squad. They’re atheists. And probably hedonists. So I guess, in the 40k world, heretics.
      The fiction's what you make of it; I think that's part of what makes it fun.

The Space Marines are usually male-coded in appearance, though worth remembering that they're not even human, so it's not like people can be precious.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        The fiction's what you make of it; I think that's part of what makes it fun.

The Space Marines are usually male-coded in appearance, though worth remembering that they're not even human, so it's not like people can be precious.
        I thought they were human then changed with a gene seed?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          I thought they were human then changed with a gene seed?
          I had a friend who worked for GW, who knew a fair bit of the lore, and he told me they're only supposed to be tenuously human. They're enormous (compare a Space Marine to an Imperial Guardsman). I seem to remember he said that in the fiction, they don't sleep (but they can hibernate for long periods of time, even in a vacuum, if stranded), have spit that is highly acidic compared to normal humans, can digest practically anything, have a welded plate of bone instead of ribs... I'm not sure how consistent GW's fiction is, though.

Comment

I had a friend who worked for GW, who knew a fair bit of the lore, and he told me they're only supposed to be tenuously human. They're enormous (compare a Space Marine to an Imperial Guardsman). I seem to remember he said that in the fiction, they don't sleep (but they can hibernate for long periods of time, even in a vacuum, if stranded), have spit that is highly acidic compared to normal humans, can digest practically anything, have a welded plate of bone instead of ribs... I'm not sure how consistent GW's fiction is, though.
            All of that is because of the conditioning and genetic modifications. Hence the monastic life style to deal with the torture of going through all the implants and changes.

"Recruits are chosen from the best and most loyal among humanity. However, they must be adolescent males as deviating age or sex will result in guaranteed death if the subject in question has physical or mental augmentation attempted. Popular recruits for a Space Marine Chapter may include anything from tribal humans on a feral world, to underhive gangers, to normal hive city denizens, but have to be purely unmutated humans and fanatically loyal to their race.

The potential recruit is first subjected to testing, including tissue compatibility tests and psychological screening. Relatively few get past this initial selection process. Those that do pass are termed Neophytes, and the process continues with the surgery, indoctrination, conditioning, and training that will make them Space Marines. Those that survive but fail surgery or screening are either retained as Chapter Serfs or mechanically augmented and turned into semi-sentient Servitors to serve the Chapter, mainly under the command of Adeptus Mechanicus aligned Tech Marines of the Chapter who perform most tasks involving creation or maintenance of technology.

The surgical process takes a great deal of time and pain, sometimes even being lethal. The different stages of implantation must occur in a precise order at different times of development, lengthening the process to a significant degree. First, the recruit receives gene-seed implants, along with chemotherapy, hypnotherapy, and training necessary for allowing the functioning and development of the implanted organs. The implants transform their bodies and minds to give them near-superhuman abilities, with 19 special organs found in Space Marines and an extra 3 in their Primaris brothers. Some notable abilities and attributes of a Space Marine include:"

Comment

Yeah, they are originally human but heavily modified in a way which, according to lore right now, makes them only guys. But the lore has changed and evolved over and over again and, way back when, there were a couple of women space marine models and, because the lore really has been fluid, I would raise an eyebrow if someone’s core issue comes down to lady space marines. But yeah, according to lore right now they are about two metres tall and have monstrously big heads and are basically supermen.

GW do battle sisters too and their recent output of those has been fantastic. They look very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                GW do battle sisters too and their recent output of those has been fantastic. They look very cool.
                Yeah, aren't the SoB essentially female Space Marines?

Comment

I thought they were just a wing of the imperium?

Comment

Yeah, aren't the SoB essentially female Space Marines?
                    Yeah, basically. They take the whole religious thing and crazy with them up a notch. The models really do look very cool. I picked one up that’s a few years old called Celestine the Living Saint and it’s an amazing model but I have put it away because I don’t want to try painting it until I get better at it. They released a bunch of new sets recently and they’re all good.

Comment

Well after two intense weeks of scraping mould lines etc. I’ve got all the genestealers and termageants assembled from my old Battle For Mcacragge set. Plus a plastic dreadnought, various random scenery parts and also four super custom space marines made from a load of random pieces, some which needed stripping, sawing up and repinning. Included de choasing some parts just to have enough bits to make four marines.

My fingers are cut to ribbons and I’ve super glued them together at least twice lol.

Next up, is to make a metal dreadnought diorama, green stuff putty everyhing that needs it, then a huge undercoat session.

Comment

I'm sure you will all excited to hear that my friends and I are going to attempt a game of Advanced Hero Quest over the web. I dread to think how it will run as the games owner only has one camera (the one attached to his laptop) so I expect hours of "where am I" and "do I have line of sight?". We are breaking up our current run of doing the Cubicle Seven Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay we normally do over the web to instead miniature down for a session.

Comment

I don't believe it! That's my tenth rolled six in a row!

Comment

My brother has got himself involved in another new miniatures game system, its not Warhammer but might be of interest to those of you into miniatures games
                            This time it's a Marvel based game

He has also added a few additional miniature sets

Looking forward to getting a game in once the stupid lockdown is finished

Neil

Comment

Cool stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X