Warhammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    Vallejo and Mig are also good if you're going brushes only, and they have a wider range than Citadel.
    I had a play with some Liquitex acrylic gouache at my neighbour's place. It'd need thinning but they do some great highly pigmented primaries. I can also make my own oil washes using said neighbour's existing stash of W&N. That'll save me about €60.

Comment

Nearly finished my first four Primaris marines

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Looking good!
          Ta! Have you been working on owt?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
            Ta! Have you been working on owt?
            I’m slowly working my way through my Death Guard plague marines. They’re quite tough because they are so detailed but the models are really excellent. The good thing about the plague marines though is that they get away with being a bit dirty and sloppy. I have run out of base stuff because I was abusing it badly, chucking loads on, but I have some coming in an order hopefully soon so will get the ones I’m working on finished and I’ll post pics.

Comment

I've got some of them to do next! I ordered a ton of supplies with my £150 bday voucher plus other bday voucher gift, You got a fiver back for every £50 you spent, so I got the Age of Sigmar starter pack for £10.

Comment

Finally finished the last of the Aliens from the Macragge box set, and the tail fin off the crashed ship. Also some work in progress piccy of two Dreadnoughts, one metal on a custom base with oil barrels and equipment, And a plastic one.

Comment

Finished my bloat drone which completes the Death Guard side of my Dark Imperium set. Some pics:

Comment

They look ace. Nice job.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Finished my bloat drone which completes the Death Guard side of my Dark Imperium set. Some pics:

Well those are just splendid, absolutely amazing job

Comment

Come on now DT, you didn’t paint those yourself did you?

There is no shame in telling us that you got them professionally painted, and you tried to pass it off as your own work.

TELL THE TRUTH DAMMIT!

Comment

Ha! You're too kind. I must admit, I tend to look at a lot of the mini painters on Twitter and despair at how good they are. They get results I don't even understand. But I have definitely been making steady progress, especially when it comes to brush control. But I make a lot of mistakes and they don't really hold up to scrutiny. That bloat drone in particular was an awful mess for a while but I was able to pull it back. Some things I don't even see until I photograph them (because my close up vision isn't HD). But I'm improving and I'm generally happy with a lot of the results and I really appreciate the kind words.

I have also learned that I really like doing the bases.

Comment

Finished the first couple of space marines from my Dark Imperium set. I was really nervous about this colour scheme because white is tough to paint and shows up every mistake so I did some test runs with some easy to build marines and I'm glad I did. These guys turned out better due to what I figured out messing up those other marines.

Comment

Working...
                              X