No announcement yet.

Warhammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't finish with the dry brushing in the end, but still pleased with the end results (for an amateur).
    You'll have fun painting them, Blobcat!

Comment

Apologies for quality of pics!

Comment

Wasn’t sure what thread to put this in, but seeing as the Figure thread is quite active, I though I’d resuscitate this.

Warhammer 40k 8” action figure ...

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
          Wasn’t sure what thread to put this in, but seeing as the Figure thread is quite active, I though I’d resuscitate this.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-4/
          I'd love that! I've been pondering sorting and selling all my old GW stuff, I reckon that would pay for it

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-4/
            Yeah I've seen that too
            Definitely all over them
            Just Hope they give us some other chapters & don't just whore out Ultramarines

Would love Black Templars & Imperial Fists

Also some Space Wolves would be immense

Neil

Comment

https://www.warhammermortalrealms.com/

Comment

Mortal Realm sounds like Durham City Center late on a Friday night

Comment

I spent most of yesterday hunting out my GW stuff. I found a fair bit, and most of my original paints were still wet! I've decided to keep my blood bowl and w40k stuff, and sell on my epic/titan legions and warhammer fantasy stuff. Pics so far!! I'm going to finish off my Ultramarines which was the last stuff I did a few years back. The other stuff is from my mid teens!! Does anyone know what the terminator on the right hand side is? It says something next to terminator on the bottom but I can't make it out. (Next to imperial guard commissar)

Pics below hopefully!

i found my first white dwarf magazine from like 1987 or something
                  Last edited by vanpeebles; 09-03-2020, 21:10.

Comment

I see no pics?

I did not know we had a Warhammer thread. I would have dismissed it because you’re all a pack of nerds. Get a life, nerds! Anyway... I was passing Games Workshop with my kid before Christmas and decided to let her have a look inside. The guys there are incredibly friendly and we ended up staying for about an hour and a half while she painted a space marine and did a pretty good job too. So she and I got the First Strike and Essentials paint set for Christmas.

I hadn’t painted any miniatures since my teenage years and back then I was pretty rubbish, didn’t know any techniques and didn’t have proper paints or brushes so I am considering myself a total noob when it comes to painting but I really enjoyed painting the First Strike set. Since then, I got some Aggressors which were really tough to paint and I have now got the big Dark Imperium set. I have been painting poxwalkers mainly because I can’t decide what colours to paint my space marines. Up to now, I have been painting Ultramarines and their colour scheme works so well even if you’re not a great painter so perfect for a beginner like me but I want to work up my own colour scheme. Can’t decide on what though. I’ll post up my tests tomorrow and you more seasoned Warhammer players can advise.

I’m finding the images on the GW site very daunting because I can’t get anything looking even close to what they can do. Even the poxwalkers which allow for a lot of messiness have been a bit frustrating but I am definitely learning stuff. Hopefully making progress.

Haven’t played any of it though! I didn’t ever play Warhammer back when I was a teen because I was too cool (okay, it’s not that I was cool - it’s that I had no friends to play with which is way worse than just not being cool), but I did have Blood Bowl, Adeptus Titanicus and Space Marine and a couple more. Much of it is still in my mum’s attic and I pulled a few miniatures out a couple of weeks ago. The new miniatures are amazing by comparison in terms of what they can do with plastic these days and I prefer the slightly bigger scale now but some of those classic miniatures are gorgeous. I have a skaven Blood Bowl team and their design is just so good.

Anyway, I’m really enjoying the painting now. It’s calming. It’s mindfulness with a brush. But I have spent stupid amounts on paints. Would have been cheaper to get a coke habit or a Lego habit or something.

Comment

Try now, some browsers are blocking http stuff now.

Comment

Yep, I see them now. Some wonderful stuff in there! You’ve loads. Your Ultramarines look great. Nice bases too. The grass is lovely. GW does big tufts now but seemingly not the smaller grass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Yep, I see them now. Some wonderful stuff in there! You’ve loads. Your Ultramarines look great. Nice bases too. The grass is lovely. GW does big tufts now but seemingly not the smaller grass.
                          I did those in 2011, I'm hoping to finish them off. When I was painting the RC car I recently built, I thought wow I've really missed painting and making things. Really enjoyed it! The grass was GW stuff, you just put a spot of PVA on the base, dip in the bag, then blow on it to raise it up.

I still need to photo and find the rest of my stuff! Epic, Titan Legions and Warhammer Fantasy.

Comment

So here is some of my Warhammer 40k progress. I started with the First Strike set and went from there...

And now I'm trying to figure out what colours to paint my marines. Here are a few colour tests...

Turns out that painting white is really hard. I think I have a lot to learn about that. But I can't decide what direction to go in. Every time I come up with what I think is a good colour scheme, I look back at the Ultramarines and they look so much stronger but I can't quite figure out what makes the difference.
                            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 10-03-2020, 08:26.

Comment

Those are all excellent! I think the trouble with white, is that your base colour has to be slightly off white, other how do you highlight white?

I've spent the last night two nights recharging all my old paints, some are the old sets which had no labels! I think I'll keep those more for scenery etc. The pigments used to be quite weak and would take tons of layers for yellows and reds. I always wanted red suns orks or blood angels and always struggled with the paints, ultramarine blue just looks good everytime.

I always wanted an obscure one like the Imperial Fists, or the long forgotten chapters that you read about years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                                Those are all excellent! I think the trouble with white, is that your base colour has to be slightly off white, other how do you highlight white?
                                Thanks! Yeah, and the GW recipe for white (which is really light grey with highlights) contains a couple of shades that seem very weak. It took six coats for me just to get a decent base coat on my first attempt. I imagine yellows must be similar - I have only painted small details yellow but the base yellows seem really, really weak. Whereas those blues on the Ultramarines take first time and look really strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X