Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I'm ****ed as well lol.

Comment

Also, Filey. It's a very genteel, traditional little place but I reckon the community would eventually feel like a posher Royston Vasey, it's a very small, weird place.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        And I'm ****ed as well lol.
        Think that's a resounding 'no', to the are you happy? Question then, from the only two chaps posting in this thread in the wee hours. Switch off brain you bastard!
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

“22B and a “Makkinen” Evo”

Chick is really into proper drivers cars.

Comment

Would have been fun if I'd made the gathering, as I've lived in Surrey almost all my life..!
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              “22B and a “Makkinen” Evo”

Chick is really into proper drivers cars.
              I'm having my doubts that she's actually a woman at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                I was thinking the other night I'd quite fancy retiring to Surrey in my halcyon days. For some reason, the notion of Surrey, the word itself, has always set off nice vibes inside my head.

That or The Cotswolds. Or St. Ives.

Yeah, even as a kid, the notion of Surrey...it seemed so different to Leeds. I could imagine many more trees and beautiful, pristine streets n' leafy avenues and brilliant, compact cemeteries with brilliant, compact chapels and phat country pubs with amazing infinite beer gardens, pubs that serve pies, steak and ale you'd kill yourself or twelve pups for.
                I'm trying to force-feed myself thoughts like these. A 'no deal' Brexit could **** us up a bit over here, so if we were to move back it'd have to be somewhere like the places you mention above, only with a weed farm as well. Although how would this be possible without offending my family at all? "I don't want to live near Burnley because it's **** and you're all twats." is most likely not the best approach. I'm wondering how long I could get away with lying to them about residing abroad - probably up until I'm forced to FB check-in after signing in to a public wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  How life spins you around...

On Boxing Day I met a woman. This woman is literally the GREATEST person that I’ve ever met. She owns one of only 15 of these high-end insane racing Mercedes currently available on earth as well as a 22B and a “Makkinen” Evo.

Her three favourite things are NIKEs, Levi’s and Arsenal FC.

She isnt a huge gamer, but her favourite game of all time is: Hyper Fighting.

She is 100% teetotal. Non-smoker. Hates narcotics.

Her figure puts supermodels to shame.

Daryl in wish me luck guys sensation (she is from Surrey though, so terrible accent).

Happy New Year. Xx
                  This takes me back to first year of high school.

Comment

Not been happy happy for a while. More content. Recently been seeing Navigo and they suspect I could have minor autism.

Comment

I'm deffo on the spectrum. Worst of all is the avoidant personality disorder. It makes life a grind and needs constant contortions of the soul to make life palatable. I somehow manage to fit between the cracks with it, I'm racked with avoidance, riddled with, a vampire constantly exposed to sunlight, yet I am very popular at work and work around and with hundreds of people every day in a job where I am very visible and have to talk lots to people, often loudly.

Oh god it's been the absolute bane of my ****ing life yet I've somehow managed to semi-mask it, the main thing people see is the quiet, cool, humble, funny nice guy but not the nerve-wracked autistic mongoloid nicely crisping in the sun of the throng.

Although I somehow have a bit of a handle on it, it is like living life running a nuclear reactor, you have to keep an eye on many things to stop them going unstable. And when you get things wrong, mess things up, you're ****ed for ages.

Anyway, this is not a whine. Just a clarification. I'm not even wazzed tonight, it's my second night off the sauce tbh.

ANYWAY. I think my current job has turned to crap so I have applied for the full-time A&E position, which I excel in. Only thing is, they've upped the banding but added a security element, not in the strict sense where I'm a bouncer but I have to kinda deal with wankers in a more in-depth way than in the Band 1 role. And I might be tall and stuff but I look as threatening and imposing as Louis Theroux with ballache and I'm gonna be telling peeps off. My avoidance is doing cartwheels and green ish is spurting outta pipes in the main reactor. I am nervous as **** with the extra responsibility but I luuuuuurve working there. I am in control, it's all interesting, it's graft and management never go there.

I bitched out of it last time and didn't apply but this time I've set it in stone, all I've gotta do is see how the interview goes but I'm thinking I've got like three years of on/off experience in A&E and am pretty epic at it, there just might be a chance...

Epic rant over. More a way of venting my thoughts, I can be so 'cool' I never really express my inner workings to others. But these are my crises, minor as they are, hope I ain't been so self indulgent

Comment

Forgot to add "like an Alka Seltzer fizzing in a cold tumbler of water". That type of feeling. Yet I kinda love people being there. Even though they are Hell itself. Ha. Gotta laugh.

Comment

If you speak to wankers in real life like you speak on here, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to calm them down/kick them out with words alone.

Comment

Heavily summarised but this has been 2019 so far:

My Nan is currently in hospital, nothing seemingly serious but due to her age they've kept her in for several days for observation. She's loving it; she's comfortable, gets her meals prepared and is chatting away with the staff and other patients on the ward giving her some social elements she lacks at home. More importantly, it's like a holiday as she isn't around my uncle. The concern though comes from a bit of a slip of the tongue she made were she let on that she's been having chats with the nurses about life at home with my Uncle and they found what she told them so bad that they've given her their personal contact details as well as direct line information for social services to have him temporarily forceably removed if the stuff she's told him occurs again and she needs emergency support. My Nan is very much a keep things to herself kind of person as she doesn't want to feel like a burden to others so it's become a real concern that things are clearly even worse than we already thought they were.

Also, the missus has been off work for stress as her mother overdosed a few weeks back. Incredibly near miss and as usual, zero support from anyone outside our own four walls and no meaningful acknowledgement of just how serious and affecting it has been, very much treated by most as a 'just one of those silly things that happens' and that includes her mum. Much, much harder for the missus to brush off the same way especially as there is a major family incident on those lines from a few years prior so it's dragged up a lot of unprocessed feelings for her.

One month... couldn't even get one month into the year before it went to pot.

Comment

Still waiting to hear a valid reason why you can't make the meetup, Supes. (Joke)

Now this is your dad's brother that has stopped working, meeting friends or planning for the future in any way, right?

He's going to be homeless, friendless and jobless when your Nan dies because he's stopped applying for jobs, cut ties with all his friends and the house won't be inherited, but when your dad tried to help he went nuts and threw them out of the house that's not even his?

OK, my advice is that you need to do something about your uncle for your Nan's sake.
                              Start visiting her weekly (or more), secretly checking if everything's OK.
                              Contact social services to check on her. You can say the nurses called when they became concerned. You need to at least get some advice on how to proceed because he's taken advantage of her.
                              Maybe even think about a secret camera? Just thinking of ideas, really.

Your wife's side is a bit trickier as they're not blood relatives.
                              It sounds like your mother-in-law should seek some counselling.
                              It sounds like your wife should do the same.
                              No shame in getting some anti-depressants to help with coping, if that's what a doctor suggests.

Thinking about you dealing with all of this, as it's not easy.

Comment

You are a good guy, QC, and that's all really good advice. SF, that's a lot to take on and I'm sorry to hear that. I'm going to add my same old trite advice here (I apologise in advance) but I truly believe in it and it's so easy to forget until it's too late: while you're looking out for others, be sure to remember yourself too. I'm kind of glad to hear the nurses flagged this and gave their own numbers. They're good people.

Comment

Working...
                                X