No announcement yet.

NieR Automata £16.49 in Argos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to hang on and get this on Xbox but this is too cheap to let go. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Cheers for the heads up

Comment

Do you have to have played the PS3 version or is this a stand alone game? Also thanks for the hookup.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
          Do you have to have played the PS3 version or is this a stand alone game? Also thanks for the hookup.
          It’s a self-contained story with new characters, new setting and I’m not even sure if they take place in the same universe (though they probably do). There are a few references and recurring characters that absolutely makes it worth it to play the first game first, at least in my opinion. Either way the first game is absolutely worth playing if you appreciate a good story. Its story and soundtrack can only be rivaled by Automata and it’s a close call between them.

If I were you I’d play through the first NieR but skip all the sidequests so you at least get the story bits and the character development. Some of the side quests are quite decent but they are so much better in Automata, so definitely do them in that game.

TLDR both games are 10/10. Automata’s combat and side quests are better but I think NieR has a slight edge in the story department. Let me just say that some of the stuff in Automata hit me hard emotionally because I had played through NieR first.

If you decide to get into Automata I recommend a week long break between route A and B or you’ll risk getting burnt out.
          Last edited by Nico87; 27-05-2018, 16:57.

Comment

Fantastic, thanks for taking the time to type that.

I was thinking of just watching these two:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Rather than pour 25 hours and as many bucks into what’s said to be a 7/10 title with graphics only a mother could love as the PS4 instalment is said to be vastly superior in each way as I’m quite choosy with my gaming and only the best will do!

Comment

In that case, do remember to watch all three parts of Clemps’ analysis. He’s done a great job covering the entire Drakengard/NieR series

Comment

Working...
              X