No announcement yet.

Fallout 76 - Bethesda's new car crash of an online game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are also reports of people who are displaying the fallout first (emotes, icons, and skins) getting targeted and repeatedly killed and griefed in game.

Kind of have to say they kind of brought this on themselves, if this was a game i was playing id be right there with them giving fallout first player grief. Yes the devs running this game are a business but look at what no mans sky did to turn things round. Bethesda had the foundations and where building back up a small community and generating good will and positive word of mouth, then this comes out!!! surely having a big player base to buy in game stuff is far more valuable to them than this short term gain.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 28-10-2019, 16:06.

Comment

Dead in the water. And with The Outer World's pissing on its bonfire, Bethesda are almost pointless now.

Comment

Fallout 76 is not just a car crash any more, it's a pile up on the motorway in the fog, at least if you're playing it on PC. Recently there was a hack that allowed players to spawn any items they liked (including NPC), it was patched but Bethesda couldn't tell which items were earned and which were spawned.

Now however, the next hack allows the hacker to steal players inventory by treating them as containers: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen...wen_sent_me_a/ (source is Reddit, but has confirmation links within the thread).

This is all because the game mostly runs client side with the validation done there and the server accepting what the client tells it because Bethesda, rather than writing a proper MP engine, used the existing SP engine they've been using forever.

I hope you didn't pay for Fallout First.

Comment

Awwwww. So sad. What a waste of a Fallout gameworld, I was truly hoping they'd patch this up and at least make it a half-assed, 6/10-kinda Fallout 4.5 sorta thang.

Bah. I wanted to explore that lush-looking world with some semblance of actual *point*!

Comment

Sixteen times the detail......that still makes me laugh lol.

Trouble is with the game i think it has major problems at the core, and they can patch and add content but having a fallout 4 template in a online game just does not.

Got to say thought outer worlds really showed me what a fallout game could be and while it does not have the game world size everything else feels so right
            Last edited by eastyy; 23-12-2019, 11:59.

Comment

I've never played this but it just looks like a glitchy paper thin mess. I'm not talking about all the BS with it either, I mean even if it worked 100% it looks like a 1st generation game. Games have evolved this generation since fallout4 was released and this just hasn't even bothered to try and catch up.

Comment

I bought it in summer Xbox Live sale and have spent a few hours with it. I probably need to spend more time with it, but I enjoyed what I played. It's definitely flawed but I quite like the purer survival experience.

The map and world is really well done. With this and a few other aspects it is better than FO4 imho, but I think most of that is simple evolution of it really being the same engine as FO4.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                  Sixteen times the detail......that still makes me laugh lol.

Trouble is with the game i think it has major problems at the core, and they can patch and add content but having a fallout 4 template in a online game just does not.

Got to say thought outer worlds really showed me what a fallout game could be and while it does not have the game world size everything else feels so right
                  I finished Outter Worlds in the XboxOne X the other day. Such a lovely game. Oh, and all that crap about dropping frames that DF went on about making the game unplayable isn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Oh, and all that crap about dropping frames that DF went on about making the game unplayable isn't true.
                    Its DF and so Playstation Central

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      Its DF and so Playstation Central
                      Im amazed by some of the comments such as "unplayable" or "kills the enjoyment". I didn't even notice anything odd about how the game ran.

Comment

Im amazed by some of the comments such as "unplayable" or "kills the enjoyment". I didn't even notice anything odd about how the game ran.
                        LOL. Its amazing how the likes of John have gone from picking apart a game running at 900p to now games that drop a few frames or how it affects a game, unless its a game like The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening

Don't forget to set your PS4 Pro to 1080p too

Comment

It's been patched out - at launch it was absolutely awful and borderline unplayable at times - Xbox One X dropped to under 10 FPS in places, so yes, at the time DF were bang on.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            It's been patched out - at launch it was absolutely awful and borderline unplayable at times - Xbox One X dropped to under 10 FPS in places, so yes, at the time DF were bang on.
                            I'm not sure the FPS drops have been patched out on XBX/PS4 Pro. Tbf DF said it dropped frames on the two enhanced consoles and it did.

John Linneman can be particularly panickerty with frame rates, preferring locked fps to high 50s for example. I've never been quite that fussy and tend to prefer higher frame rates even if they are uneven. That said games like NFS: Rivals and GTA V at launch on PS4 drove me mad with bad frame pacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              Don't forget to set your PS4 Pro to 1080p too
                              I find that funny. Buy an enhanced console but have to set it to 1080p at times. This is why I never bothered with the pro and just went with a regular PS4.
                              Outer Worlds on the X now is fantastic. Lovely 4K and a silky smooth experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                                John Linneman can be particularly panickerty with frame rates, preferring locked fps to high 50s for example. I've never been quite that fussy and tend to prefer higher frame rates even if they are uneven. That said games like NFS: Rivals and GTA V at launch on PS4 drove me mad with bad frame pacing.
                                Normally I don't mind a unstable frame rate but in some cases it can be very annoying. Shenmue 3 was horrible for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X