No announcement yet.

Fallout 76 - Bethesda's new car crash of an online game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had access to the PC beta but it was just an utter mess and far too hard to get into including the bug that deleted the entire game install forcing you to redownload the 40GB+ all over again. I don't think I've heard anything that positive about it from those who spent proper time with it either, it's not just them learning nothing from Elder Scrolls Online but even taking a step back from that games earlier days. Anything weaker than Fallout 4 is a step backwards as that game was okay but disappointing and we're starting to approach a situation where Fallout 3 looks like a fluke.

Comment

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status...56751415513088

Comments: 'Skill Up, it's a beta. They'll fix all of this before launch!' Bethesda: 'We won't' https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/9v0886

Probably not a surprise to anyone.

Comment

There are still bugs in Skyrim, the notion Bethesda would fix the myriad of issues with Fallout 76 before launch is absolutely laughable.

Comment

Played 10 minutes last night then it dropped connection and made me start it all again so I switched it off.

Anyone else got any cool fallout 76 adventures to tell us about!?

Looked washed out too, just like the broken HDR of RDR2

Comment

Fallout 4 is an odd one, because it places it looks great (mostly when you've got the god rays and nice light) and other times it looks ugly as a PS1 game, but I can't say it looks particularly washed out on my 4K HDR Sony set.

I got my fill from the Beta and I've no desire to return. Perhaps they'll have sorted out most of the technical issues in a year when you can pick it up for a tenner. I might take another look then. The most fun I had with the game was exploring a Nukacola factory; exploration is the only positive with the game I experienced.
            Last edited by MartyG; 09-11-2018, 07:08.

Comment

So I'm reading that the Beta for this can't be uninstalled. Anyone experiencing this?
              Also it will have a 50+gb day one 'Patch'!?

Comment

I was able to remove mine (PC) though apparently the Day 1 patch rumour is true

Comment

Certainly wont be playing this day one, but if i was id be thankful i don't have to go through the tedious opening hours again which focus around finding a dead woman to lean how to purify water and then finding a dead man to learn how to make steak.

This isn't really a spoiler as the dev's have said no NPCs but that's a lie as the games full of NPCS they just all happen to be dead! Conveniently they have all left hollotape's leading you to the next clue or finishing off the quest for you, its spooky how convenient it all is

Comment

Bethesda have a thing for just leaving dead bodies lying about. Nobody ever cleans them up.

Comment

If they left the dead bodies lying around in this game forever, the framerate would be even worse.

Comment

There are still two corpses outside my house in Skyrim. STILL. I think I missed bin day but the locals still react as if it has just happened.

Comment

Fallout 76: Helmets for Habitat, a benefit auction in support of Habitat for Humanity.

Bethesda, HYPEBEAST and Microsoft have enlisted an incredible roster of street artists to design Fallout replica helmets in celebration of the release of Fallout 76. All proceeds from the final auction sale of each helmet will benefit Habitat for Humanity, a global nonprofit working in local communities across all 50 states in the U.S. and in more than 70 countries, to advance the vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Bethesda Softworks is committed to donating a minimum of $100,000 to Habitat for Humanity. Helmets will be on public view at the Microsoft Store on Fifth Avenue in New York City from October 25 to November 14.

Comment

This only covers UK physical sales, but Fallout 76 sales are down 82.4% on Fallout 4

Fallout 76 - an online multiplayer take on the franchise - was not expected to sell as strongly as Fallout 4. Of course, any new game from Bethesda Game Studios is still a major release, yet this title has got off to a slow start. Fallout 76 debuts at No.3, and sales are down 82.4 per cent compared with the previous game in the franchise - 2015's Fallout 4.
                            Source

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              There are still two corpses outside my house in Skyrim. STILL. I think I missed bin day but the locals still react as if it has just happened.
                              On rdr2, if no one saw you kill people the locals just don’t even notice dead bodies at all. I was fishing last night with a corpse either side of me and a woman just started a conversation with me oblivious to the carnage I’d just caused.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                On rdr2, if no one saw you kill people the locals just don’t even notice dead bodies at all. I was fishing last night with a corpse either side of me and a woman just started a conversation with me oblivious to the carnage I’d just caused.
                                The one that really had me laughing and crying was in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. If you brutally slaughtered an enemy in front of people they would be very happy but if you stole a thing from the his house, they'd call you a thief and sometimes attack you.

Comment

Working...
                                X