No announcement yet.

Fallout 76 - Bethesda's new car crash of an online game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still, at least their microtransaction store is working perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Baggate is kicking off now. Apparently the limited edition came with a vinyl bag rather than the canvas bag shown in promo pics and, sure enough, in photos the difference is night and day. I know I wouldn't be happy. That's something they really should have flagged the moment it became apparent, which given manufacturing times has to be quite some time ago.
      Yea, I think it's also the response from their Helpdesk. I initially thought that can't be real, who would communicate with a customer like that. You can see the response over at ResetEra.

The stink from this game is going to do long-term damage if they don't start addressing it.
      Last edited by Digfox; 28-11-2018, 17:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
        You can see the response over at ResetEra.
        Wow. That is a truly terrible response.

Comment

They only paid $200, what do they expect?

It's probably too cheap.

Comment

Bethesda offers 500 Atoms to customers affected by Fallout 76 bag-gate

That's £3.99 of free in-game 'premium' currency for affected customers that purchased the £200 collectors edition. How generous. Offering refunds would probably be better.

Comment

I'm guessing this is par for the course now in this kind of game but, for me personally, the bigger part of this story is that the game sells in-game currency. I have become certain over the years that this monetisation strategy greatly compromises games whether you choose to buy them or not and generally avoid any game that does this. Not that I was buying into this game anyway.

Comment

Does the 76 refer to the number of users this will have left in 12 months?

Comment

Certainly the number of bad news stories a day this thing is generating.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    It's the number of patches to make it playable.

Comment

Nope, number of bugs you encounter every time you play it.

Comment

It's the number of frames... Per minute.

(... Could go on all day with these)

Comment

76 is the percentage discount people are waiting for before buying it.

Comment

Just to clarify also - that currency they’ve given out isn’t enough to buy the virtual version of that bag in-game.

Comment

The message here is clear:

Do not pre order games. Ever.
                              Wait for a broad range of reviews to come out BEFORE release date. If you like the reviews then feel free to order it from your favourite retailer. If there are no reviews BEFORE release date then forget about that game and get something else instead.

Comment

at the thread title change!

Thing is, they've had a good track record before this, so I can see why people would want to jump in, especially with promises of canvas bags and other treats.

I can also see why Bethesda want a slice of that GaaS pie. It takes years to make a traditional game that eventually gets reduced in price, but players keep shovelling money into tat like Fortnight.

Comment

Working...
                                X