Power Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Rangers

Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner has announced that more “Power Rangers” movies are on the way, with the announcement made at the recent Hasbro Strategic Decisions Conference. Hasbro acquired the rights to the franchise and other Saban properties in May, since then many have expected an announcement about another film. Goldner however says it goes far […]

Hasbro's CEO has made clear that following their recent purchase of the franchise they have aggressive plans for it across all media and that will include a third attempt at making a successful movie franchise of it.

Hasbro is getting deep into reworking its properties for the big screen including the upcoming reboot of Transformers and plans for GI Joe so Power Rangers will likely be a priority.

Hasbro picked up the rights to the “Power Rangers” franchise last year and CEO Brian Goldner revealed during a recent financial call that he is in talks with Paramount Pictures for a new film take on the property. No further details were revealed, but the pairing makes sense as Paramount and Hasbro already produce the […]

Hasbro talks with Paramount are now underway to start work on a third movie iteration of the franchise

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      http://www.darkhorizons.com/hasbro-p...power-rangers/

Hasbro talks with Paramount are now underway to start work on a third movie iteration of the franchise
      Aww, what? Are they going to reboot it?

The previous one was fun! Surprisingly so! Literally the only thing I disliked where the Zords; didn't like the biomechanical thing they had going on. They're supposed to look like 80s Voltron!

Comment

Yeah, I watched it for the first time last weekend and it wasn't bad. I hated the visual design which had that busy Bayformers thing. I couldn't tell what I was looking at half the time. And I found the tone very disjointed. But I really liked the characters and felt there was definitely potential for a better sequel.

Comment

Yup, 100% reboot. The most recent one was a pretty heavy bomb so it's said that it's sales of the toys that's led to this new version.

Comment

Paramount Pictures and Allspark Pictures are in early negotiations with the creator of Netflix’s “The End of the F-ing World,” Jonathan Entwistle, to develop a “Power Rangers” reboot. First emerging as a kids TV series in the 1990s, and turned into a film extension of the show in 1995, the property was dormant for a […]

The creator of the Netflix series The End of the F***ing World is in talks to write this latest reboot.

Comment

Just over a year ago came the news that “The End of the F—-ng World” director was going to team with Hasbro and eOne on a new reboot of the “Power Rangers” franchise. At the time it seemed a new feature film leading into a new series (or several series) was on the cards. Now […]

The new reboot film will be launched on Netflix and the service plans to make multiple films and shows to create a Netflix exclusive Power Rangers Cinematic Universe

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                https://www.darkhorizons.com/new-pow...et-at-netflix/
                The new reboot film will be launched on Netflix and the service plans to make multiple films and shows to create a Netflix exclusive Power Rangers Cinematic Universe
                I think this is going to be the next wave.

A few years ago, after the success of the MCU, every studio tried to launch a CU. All of them failed, even though many had individually successful films (closest was probably the Godzilla monsterverse, and best not to even mention "the dark CU" ).

I suspect now, Netflix, Amazon, the rest, the streaming services will have a go.

Comment

My favourite one was the Dark Universe. There is nothing more hilarious than a 'Cinematic Universe' exactly one film long.

The whole idea of a cinematic universe sucks anyway. There's only ever been one (Marvel, obviously), which although it isn't my personal cup of tea, is pretty unbelievably well done and has the ideal source material for it.

All of the others suggested don't have the source material, or the vision, just dollar signs behind the eyes of the executives commissioning them.

Doomed to failure, the lot of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    All of the others suggested don't have the source material, or the vision, just dollar signs behind the eyes of the executives commissioning them.
                    Some of them were largely PR, too - like when they started talking about the GCU before Ghostbusters: Answer the Call was released.

Comment

They kind of always do that. Every cinematic universe except Marvel has been all talk so far, usually before they've even released single film.

The Ghostbusters one was another bonkers idea. As if there is remotely enough content to justify that. The original film is great, but hardly comparable to 50 years of hundreds of comic book characters as a source material for a 'universe'.

Comment

The Dark Universe was fine in concept as it mirrored the Universal Monsters Universe from decades ago but it was shackled to modern Fast and Furious/Minions era Universal who like many others failed to understand the basics of how Marvel made theirs work - i.e the pre-Avengers films just needed to be all decent.

They should have been much more smaller scale in their ambitions and instead looked to the other successful modern era cinematic universe example - The Conjuring Cinematic Universe. Much lower budgets, very strong profit margins, lower risk.

For Netflix, it's a bandwagon thing like their plans to make a Willy Wonka Cinematic Universe. With Power Rangers it's just an intent to make series spin-offs. I don't know anywhere near enough about Power Rangers but I always took it that the existing many show variants barring the recent reboot film where largely all continuations and/or related to each other anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          I don't know anywhere near enough about Power Rangers but I always took it that the existing many show variants barring the recent reboot film where largely all continuations and/or related to each other anyway?
                          Yeah, they have a Marvel Comics-esque web of inter-relatedness.

Comment

Working...
                          X