No announcement yet.

Retro|Spective 043: Half-Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played the OG Xbox HL2 eons back. Liked it but wondered what all the fuss was about. Played HL2 on 360 Orange Box a few years back...and again liked it but wondered what all the fuss was about.

Played HL1 later than HL2, the PS2 version amidst a bout of toxic psychosis caused by some antibiotics that I was allergic to. Fun fun fun. Game helped keep my mind focused, jeezis, that and Yakuza 1.

Got The Orange Box 360 staring at me now. I kinda wanna go through everything on it, I'm hoping HL2 will 'click' for me on the third playthrough. And I reckon there'll be some quality fun in the expansions and Portal...which I've never played.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
      I'd completely forgotten about that show. I just rewatched the intro and I felt like I was having a flashback. I think every time I watched it I must have been pissed, stoned or on some other drug. It's a bit eerie seeing it now.
      Haha yes, I was a student at the time, so this (plus Vids, Bits and all those other late night shows) were what I'd watch after a night out.

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      Played the OG Xbox HL2 eons back. Liked it but wondered what all the fuss was about. Played HL2 on 360 Orange Box a few years back...and again liked it but wondered what all the fuss was about.

Played HL1 later than HL2, the PS2 version amidst a bout of toxic psychosis caused by some antibiotics that I was allergic to. Fun fun fun. Game helped keep my mind focused, jeezis, that and Yakuza 1.

Got The Orange Box 360 staring at me now. I kinda wanna go through everything on it, I'm hoping HL2 will 'click' for me on the third playthrough. And I reckon there'll be some quality fun in the expansions and Portal...which I've never played.
      It's definitely worth trying Portal. It has very little in common with Half Life, but it's really nicely designed. It's quite short as well, so it doesn't require a huge time investment.
      Last edited by ZipZap; 07-06-2018, 01:36.

Comment

Playing Portal would deffo tie up a gaming loose end.

I still have a new n' sealed PS3 Portal 2 I bought from Morrisons for like £5.99, yeeeeeears back. Ancient.

I think I also heard PS3 is the optimum console version. Thus this is a gaming loose end that NEEDS to be tied up.

(I like short, awesome games BTW).

Comment

Anyway, you know what cool thing I did back in the day?

I bought a minty PC Orange Box from a charity shop for basically nowt but never knew about how Steam works, even with the DVD and instructions, this was impotent, a spent force. Useless to man or beast...but minty.

And it literally came in an 'orange box', an orange DVD case.

So I just rehoused my 360 copy in the orange box and it always looks bloody awesome and tempting.

THAT is the sole reason I'm gonna try this mediocreish FPS experience a third time. Purely because of an awesome-looking orange DVD case.

Comment

Clue for thread 44:

Clue - King of Swing

Also, from the occasion of the fiftieth thread, every tenth thread we'll be deviating from specific franchises to a slightly different showcase which should allow us to look at more specific titles that didn't receive sequels or even success.

Comment

Working...
            X