No announcement yet.

Dead or Alive 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen a video where they show this and its nothing to be worried about tbh given the costume is already revealing enough. Its not like, say, the manga Ikki Tousen where characters attack each other and go from fully-clothed to everything on display.

I've been playing the deluxe demo this afternoon and am enjoying figuring out what's similar and different to DOA5. Despite Nico having heavy anime leanings she's actually quite fun to play (I'd have still preferred an adult character using Silat with the electricity powers but never mind). Diego will be the character for all players who want to appear like the tough guy online. He's good for beginners but I've yet to see much high-level play with him.

This demo is a pretty good idea and I wish more devs would do it tbh.

Comment

Really enjoying the beta of this. I’m rubbish at fighting games but finding this fairly easy to pick up. I’ve dabbled with DOA before, with 2 and with 5, but I’ve just button mashed. This time I’m pulling off the odd hold, too!

The single player content sounds well designed, too, which is important to me:

Sounds like a mix of Mortal Kombat’s story mode and a set of training challenges.

I’m tempted to pick this up tbh, it can be had for less than £35 on preorder at Shopto.

Comment

I think the game's director Yohei Shinbori said in an interview that they were aware of SFV not getting its story mode until months later and wanted to avoid this. It might be superfluous fluff but its a nice addition that lets players see the characters interact outside of the ring. There's more than just online ranked on offer in the demo what with the combo challenges that have already taught me characters have a universal sidestep attack and that you can cancel the break blow to continue a combo of you want.

There have already been videos on YouTube of highly damaging combos and its great to see what players are achieving with the game. Some old fans may feel dismayed that DOA is moving away from its roots but I think its retained the series' spirit whilst appearing more accessible (I mean in terms of the female characters actually looking like women and not like multiple variations of Marie/Honoka).
        Last edited by Paddy; 24-02-2019, 07:59.

Comment

I'm sold, I like it a lot. Gonna get it on Steam though as I noticed some problems with my stick on PS4 (double inputs sometimes, apparently it's a common issue?) and some of the stages, like the pirate ship have some pretty bad slowdown even on a Pro. Netcode is solid, and there's even an icon that let's you know that your challenger is using wifi, so you can reject their match haha!

Just a heads up for anyone wanting physical on PS4 or Xbox, ShopTo have a nice deal going on.

£34.85 Dead or Alive 6 + Steelbook + Playable Character, Nyotengu and Alternative Costume for Kasumi DLC
          Last edited by Adam; 24-02-2019, 12:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
            I'm sold, I like it a lot. Gonna get it on Steam though as I noticed some problems with my stick on PS4 (double inputs sometimes, apparently it's a common issue?) and some of the stages, like the pirate ship have some pretty bad slowdown even on a Pro. Netcode is solid, and there's even an icon that let's you know that your challenger is using wifi, so you can reject their match haha!

Just a heads up for anyone wanting physical on PS4, ShopTo have a nice deal going on.

£34.85 Dead or Alive 6 + Steelbook + Playable Character, Nyotengu and Alternative Costume for Kasumi DLC
            Oh wow, need to shift my pre-order - I've got it on the go from Amazon for £50!

Comment

Amazon are rip off merchants imo. Slow shipping unless you prepay £80 a year, and prices almost always worse than ShopTo, The Game Collection, et al.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Amazon are rip off merchants imo. Slow shipping unless you prepay £80 a year, and prices almost always worse than ShopTo, The Game Collection, et al.
                It saddens me to think they may have contributed to why we don't have retailers like Grainger Games anymore. We might groan about GAME but once they're gone from the high street do we think Amazon will aim to offer competitive prices? Hardly. I'll agree they can be convenient to use but no-one wants one business to have a monopoly on games retail (on the street, online or wherever).

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION]: save yourself £15 mate. Then if you see a costume or two you want to buy (its DOA so if course there'll be DLC costumes) get those and you've still paid less than the current pre-order price from Amazon.

Comment

Had a go just now, it's Dead or Alive, pretty much. Responsive, fast, seems fun! The game was still installing so I could only choose from among 4 characters and 1 backdrop.

Anyone else who got it from ShopTo, did you get a DLC code for the stuff that was meant to come with it? I didn't.

Comment

How are the breasts compared to earlier games? All covered up? Smaller? Just the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Had a go just now, it's Dead or Alive, pretty much. Responsive, fast, seems fun! The game was still installing so I could only choose from among 4 characters and 1 backdrop.

Anyone else who got it from ShopTo, did you get a DLC code for the stuff that was meant to come with it? I didn't.
                      I didnt- but I ordered it from the ShopTo ebay store, so I messaged them and apparently its a "website only" offer- bloody stupid, its absolutely no different and from the exact same place. Wont be using them again now.

I'd have used their website if it wasnt so f**king ****e.

Comment

I did give it a quick 30 mins last night though, it looks good, and plays well.

It's DOA, but the tracking is different to normal, meaning sidestepping is now a possible tactic- especially with sidestep attacks linked to your special gauge now too.

Im not a fan of the 4 way holds though, I never have been. The game was just, better, with 3 way holds. The option is still there, but you cant apply it to online, so theres no point in learning one and being forced to play another.

Theres no online lobbies yet, which are being patched in, thats a shame, but not a major issue. The online is the same as it was in the demo mostly- I found the netcode okay unless you were playing with 1-2 bar connections or wifi players- which I think has an icon to show you before you fight.

Seems like a lot of content. Story mode with cutscenes and stuff, a new quest mode where you win battles doign specific challenges- that looks fun. You earn currency/points when playing which can be used to purchase a tonne of stuff- not sold online either so no f**ked economy either.

You also earn costume parts just for winning, so you are constantly unlocking- progression seems good so far.

On the whole- its DOA, its not going to change your mind- but i've always found it such a fun game to play, I dont care. The Eurogamer review is utter tripe though, 7 parapraghs talking about sexualisation, and barely any words on the game itself .

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                          How are the breasts compared to earlier games? All covered up? Smaller? Just the same?
                          Business as usual.

Comment

Thanks. I'll be picking this up after work then.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              I thought it'd be in the game case too but it wasn't. You have to log in to your ShopTo account. Select Orders/DLC, find your DOA6 order and on the next page there should be a button that'll say reveal code or similar you can press.

Comment

Working...
                              X