Halo: Infinite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Cinnamon is nice as well but coconut on it you can just eat and eat.
    I've recently discovered smothering my home made chips (which I oven-bake) with paprika! Mmm nom

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      I've recently discovered smothering my home made chips (which I oven-bake) with paprika! Mmm nom
      Please share your entire method, and potatoes used. I got into a fight with the wife the other day about making chips wrong.

We don't have a fryer because our extractor is borked, doubled with Dutch kitchens and living rooms being joined. :/

Comment

Sure lol. Pre-heat over to 200 degrees. Regular Maris Piper pots. Chop em in chip or wedges. You may or may not need to dry the pots off with a paper towel (pot juice). Throw them in a mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil and a little salt, then toss to ensure potato coverage. Next, take a baking tray and lay down some decent baking paper or baking silicone mat. pour and arrange the chips out nicely. Now is your chance to top them. You can go for the paprika or soy sauce (in this case maybe salt isn't need - but soy sauce chips are cool too!). Once topped, put them on the middle shelf of oven and go play a game or watch some TV, go back and check from time to time and take up when they get that home made golden, almost browning colour (sorry I don't have a time). You could turn the half way, but honestly, I don't bother.

On topic:

Whilst Halo Infinite isn't a game I'm dying to play. I'm always happy to see games being delayed to ensure quality. I say best of luck to em. I do hope top play it one day. Co-op with my kids. That would be awesome.
        Last edited by hudson; 12-08-2020, 11:16.

Comment

I always pat dry my chips with a kitchen towel, not actual paper towel... Then dust with salt and paprika.

Then mix some chipotle paste or Chipotle Tabasco with Hellman's mayonnaise for dipping... How strong is up to you.

If all that is too spicy the other recipe I go for is to ditch the paprika and lightly glaze the chips with truffle oil ... Not too much. Then when they're almost ready to go put some parmesan over them and chuck them in for one more minute.

You can thank me later.

Comment

Kitchen towel paper towel kitchen trowel. It's all the same right?

I had some chipotle paste on new potatoes to go with my chipotle and butter sauced steak the other day. Hmm mmm momma!

Comment

It’s gone all mumsnet in here.

Comment

Please tell me the chips are at least ray traced?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  Please tell me the chips are at least ray traced?
                  Already confirmed...

Comment

Paprika, truffle salt, garlic powder, an italian herb medley... only the imagination is the limit with these seasonings.

Comment

While waiting for Halo Infinite to be released, Bordersdown recommends making some lovely homemade chips.

Personally while I felt the chips looked reasonably solid, despite the addition of paprika they did not seem truly next gen.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        It’s gone all mumsnet in here.
                        He started it...

Comment

Working...
                        X