User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 5

Gears of War 5

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-and-gears-pop

Gears 5 is confirmed for XBO and PC, the sequel will hit presumably later in 2019. There's also an XCOM type game called Gears Tactic and a funkopop style game for mobiles called Gears Pop. Presumably most will only care about the mainline entry.

It's also now just Gears 5, none of this "of war" stuff... No idea why they dropped it.

Gears Of Peace. A story of returning home, trying to get a job, suffering from PTSD, descending into alcoholism, ending up on the streets until Marcus eventually puts a bullet in his head. Sounds kind of dark compared with the “Of War” games.

Can't wait. Gears 4 was awesome and also features the best use of sound this gen, hoping for more of the same and for it to really push the One X

I'll always call of Gears of War, simply Gears in official terms is a dumb name that loses its context.

Just ‘Gears’ sounds cooler. Gears of War sounds really noughties. And not in a good way.

Gears 5 makes me think of an iOS mobile F2P racing game, something like Asphalt

Yes, it's all subjective. But I think the rebranding is fine.

I hope this game is quite a big step forward. I played Gears 4 for the first time recently and it's fine in co-op - and gets a huge thumbs up for featuring local coop, which is how I played it - but I think I would have found it really boring in single player. It's very much the exact same game that it was back in ~2006 when the first title released. It plays well but it did feel awfully dated.