Battletoads 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battletoads 4

Microsoft has just announced a new Battletoads game. Yes, really.The cult classic series is getting a revival for PC an…

After Killer Instinct 3 it took MS long enough to mobilise another Rare IP. Battletoads are coming back but little was shown. The game will land on XBO and PC sometime in 2019 though.

Comment

Out August 20th.

Comment

And there was me thinking last week....have not heard of the game in a while.

Still not a fan of the Adult swim art style but at least the animation is smooth

Comment

Microsoft's first party woes are over!!

Comment

Battletoads used to be a pretty big franchise, but then it took a clipart to the knee

Comment

Don't really care about this... Don't think I've even played the series before.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                Battletoads used to be a pretty big franchise, but then it took a clipart to the knee
                It looks like an early 2000s Newsgrounds animation.

Comment

Looks utter crap. What is it with this all Modern 2D scrolling beat them up's must have the Copy and Paste from ClipArt and put into Flash look?.
                  Why can't we have scrolling beat them up's that use look like Blazing Chrome?. Battletoads the Arcade game looks so much better and that's decades old.

Comment

Amazing scenes!

I don’t even know about this game. Haven’t even looked at the video.

I looked at the thread title. Ah, a retro game. TA is the last poster.

Predictions:
                    ’clip art’
                    ’flash’

And I wasn’t disappointed! Oh, happy day!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                      And I wasn’t disappointed! Oh, happy day!
                      Never had you down for being vindictive, disappointed in Pinny BIG TIME

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        Never had you down for being vindictive, disappointed in Pinny BIG TIME
                        It’s a joke, mate!

I actually agree that the game looks rubbish lol.

Comment

Serious question...

Who's "Pinny"?!

Comment

High resolution pixel art is dead I'm afraid guys. It's just not economically viable. This is what high resolution 2D games look like now if you're on a budget.

Comment

Can't say I'm a fan, but then I'm not really a big fan of the way a lot of the US saturday morning kids shows look, which is clearly what this is channeling.
                              I'll play it with my niece and newphew when they come and visit, me and their mum used to play the old ones together as kids

Comment

Working...
                              X