Life is Strange 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life is Strange 2

We've had a closer look at The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, the newly announced prequel to Life is Strange 2 set in Beaver Creek, Oregon.

Dontnod have hit a fairly early home run with the sequel by announcing that a prequel chapter to the upcoming sequel called The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit will launch on 26 June 2018 on XBO, PS4 and PC. Even better:

It will be Free

Fantastic news! A real fan of the series; it is like an interactive movie...

Cheap is good, but free is better...

Comment

Ace, looking forward to that already

Comment

Don’t forget Square have an E3 show tonight so we may get to actually see Life is Strange 2, if not it will DEFINITELY be at gamescom. The devs have said there are plenty of hints from this game that lead us into LiS 2, so makes sense they give this for free and entice as many people as possible into the Life is Strange universe/style of game.

Everytime I see the kid do a hand movement, I can’t stop thinking that’s what Max did to rewind time.

Comment

It's easy to miss given how the Steam Sale dominates everything but the Free prequel episode is now live for download!

Comment

Looks like we have a title and release window for Episode 2, January.
            Life is Strange Episode 2: Rules, actual date to be announced mid December.

Comment

Feels like this one is taking a while.

Comment

Aye, I was out by a month in my earlier prediction on another thread as well but still definitely a tiny bit longer than usual.
                Means we probably won’t see season finale until late 2019, I do wonder how stretched they are since they are making another game for Namco, Twin Mirror.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they've held it back in the hope it gets more attention in January once Xmas is out the way given the lack of buzz Ep1 seemed to attract

Comment

Episode 2 date revealed as 24th January. SF you make a goood point about avoiding all the big hitters and the Xmas period, especially since it’s a digital only title (at the moment) it can get eaten up by other releases on store fronts.

Comment

Really looking forward to this but hope there's some kind of personalised episode 1 recap based on your journey/choices so far. Is that expecting too much?

Comment

Don't they usually do that? Or maybe I'm thinking of the Telltale games...

Comment

I can't remember. I played the first all in one go so wasn't so in need of the recap.

Comment

The original would always start with a, previously on Life is Strange.
                            I’m pretty sure it did grab scenes from your save as well, as there was that big one from Ep 2.

Comment

Episode 2 is out now and it's "not available separately" on the Xbox Marketplace forcing you to buy the season pack. Why Square Enix why?

That of course wouldn't be a problem if the episode was up to snuff, but sadly I can't recommend this one because the story is so tedious. It goes absolutely nowhere for nearly 3 hours, with only about 10 minutes of it actually moving the story anywhere. The whole middle of it is pretty much unnecessary save for one bit of information which is revealed.

By episode 2, LiS 1 had you completely hooked and loving the characters. This one is a big nothingburger; don't let the trailer fool you, because just like movie trailers, that's all of the best bits an none of it is really expanded on in the episode. LiS2 t's not even a patch on Life is Strange Before the Storm.

Episode 2 is definitely a disappointment after the initial opening which had me wanting more.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 25-01-2019, 08:20.

Comment

Working...
                              X