No announcement yet.

Life is Strange 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ep 1 of LiS2 drew me in a lot more than BTS. Can't wait for ep2. I don't expect any in the series to match the first game though. That was close to perfection.

Comment

Episode 2 is what I'm talking about, I finished it last night - Episode 1 had a lot more stuff going on, whereas Episode 2 just feels like a load of filler material.

Comment

Ah, sorry, I mis-read your post Marty. Oh ... that's gloomy

Comment

I've edited the post to make it clearer.

I enjoyed episode 1 and the trailer for episode 2 looked like it was going to build on that, but sadly it barely moved the story on at all - the interactions with your brother are clearly just building a profile for how the last few minutes plays out.

The other thing I'm not feeling with LiS2 is the soundtrack - it's not a patch on LiS1 or BtS (which I though was better that LiS1). The track selection in the previous games was superb.
          Last edited by MartyG; 25-01-2019, 08:25.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            The other thing I'm not feeling with LiS2 is the soundtrack - it's not a patch on LiS1 or BtS (which I though was better that LiS1). The track selection in the previous games was superb.
            Yeah, the s/t in the first game was outstanding. I wonder if they've tried too hard to give this new one its own identity.

I got a LiS questionnaire shortly after playing LiS2 Ep1 with tons of questions about characters/ages/gender/settings ... like they're trying to really bottle the magic.

Comment

Still waiting for all eps to be out, a shame if it's already losing momentum. Tbh, I'm already doubtful there'll be any more LiS after this one, I can easily imagine the franchise suffering the same drop off as Telltale did with their games. Thankfully Dontnod doesn't rely on the genre

Comment

Episode 2 seems to be reviewing well enough, so maybe I'm just being a bit harsh at the story progression. Or maybe people are just desperate for this to be as good as the original game and are more forgiving than I am.

Comment

I'll likely play through it this weekend. I really enjoyed the first ep so it's not encouraging to hear the second ep isn't as good but I'll see what I make of it.

Comment

Episode 1 was lifted a lot by Brody Holloway - that was a well crafted character whose interaction with the two boys felt believable and interesting.

There is a brief interaction with some new characters in the second episode which gives me some hope for episode 3. Given I was forced to pay for all of them upfront I'll be playing it when it's released regardless.

Comment

I really enjoyed episode 2, it introduces us to a new character, it re-introduces us to characters from Captain Spirit and it moved the story forward for the brothers. The 3 n a bit hours flew by for me, then again I’m someone who reads EVERY SINGLE piece of paper in a house and has to see everything.

I’ll never compare LiS to LiS 2 it’s like comparing The Walking Dead with Tales from the Borderlands the only thing they have in common is an in game system.

Comment

The fact they've called it Life is Strange 2 means of course it's going to be compared - it's set in the same universe and it even has references to Life is Strange (Jefferson's book is on Charles Eriksen's bookshelf, Arcadia Bay is seen in Episode 1) - the games are linked together in more than just the game system.

Comment

Life is Strange 2 developer Dontnod has laid out its release schedule for the season's remaining three episodes - but y…

Release dates for each remaining ep sees it wrap up in December, 15 months after the first of 5 eps

Comment

That’s a long wait for short episodes.

Comment

Yep, it's a 2018 release I won't get to play till 2020 now.
                              After the whole Telltale saga... well, I'm thinking this is the last venture into the genre Dontnod will be doing also

Comment

Episode 3 has hit today, I’ve made some terrible terrible choice from Ep 2 but I’m sticking with my bad choices and about to boot Episode 3.
                                There’s no time travel in this journey lads, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X